Using ProxHTTPSProxy to avoid errors when using MSN/WLM messenger on Windows XP

Please note that this thread could be updated for new upcoming releases of the proxy, etc.

Credits to Heinoganda for making the proxy and @Dung for solving the Discord problem!

Greetings,

When using Windows XP SP3, you will encounter that it’s TLS support is not so compatible with the modern today of the Internet, considering TLS 1.0 & TLS 1.1 is now being deprecated. That’s where this proxy comes in handy! These are the requirements to run it:

First download the Proxy.

Extract it to a folder or somewhere where you will be able to find it. Now that you extracted them you will see 4 folders:
Open “ProxHTTPSProxyMII_CertIns_Windows” folder and double click on “ProxHTTPS Cert Install.exe” wait a few seconds and then go back to and you will need to open these 2 folders:
“ProxHTTPSProxyMII_REV3a_noUPX” is for slower computers/processors
ProxHTTPSProxyMII_REV3a_UPX" is for faster computers/processors
In the folder your going to see this content:
Open “ProxySwitch”
Press A in this case. Now that you activated it open “ProxHTTPSProxy_PSwitch” and wait a few seconds,if a Windows Firewall warning comes up click “Unblock”
Your proxy window should look like this:
Now every time you will have to open “ProxHTTPSProxy_PSwitch” because it wont work after all. You can put it in the “Startup” folder(“Paleistis” in lithuanian in this case) like i do:image
So you wont bother to every time open it :stuck_out_tongue:
NOTE: You cannot close the window of the proxy because it won’t work like that :stuck_out_tongue:

For Chrome/Chroumium based browsers users!
Your all done,enjoy! But, WAIT! There has been reported that users are unable to use Discord on Chromium-based browser or Ripcord on Windows Vista as it’s stuck at the connecting window! To fix this, Open config.ini file and add:

discord.gg
discordapp.com
discord.com

cdn.discordapp.com
cdn.discord.com
cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/*
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/*
media.discordapp.net/*
*.discordapp.com
*.discord.com
cdn.discordapp.com/*
*cdn.discordapp.com
*.discordapp.net
*.discordapp.net/* 

Screenshot_128

below [SSL Pass-Thru] .

For Firefox based browser (including Pale Moon and Mypal) users!
Choose the option “No Proxy” in Your Firefox Connection settings:

Also you can always minimize the proxy window to tray using TrayIt!

Also for Avast Internet Security/Premier/Premium Security users you need to add ProxHTTPSProxy as exception on Avast Firewall.

I guess that’s all I have for today. Stay tuned… :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

hoyl fucking shit did you just crack up a fix for mother fucking WLM 8.5?!?!?!??!?!?!

Not really a fix, more a work around. I did try this but couldn’t get 8.5 to sign in for some reason. Installing app after app to get something working really isn’t a nice solution. :frowning:

you is god for find this software fix all bug msn in xp

1 Like

I get a 403 forbidden error when I click the link to download the proxy.

zippyshare is banned in the UK :thinking:

probably because piracy

Try this.
ftp://ftp.collabvm.ml/!yellows111/ProxHTTPSProxyMII_REV3a_PY344.7z
Username is anon and password is the same as the username. This also does not have a password in the archive.

1 Like

That link worked. Thanks! :slight_smile:

May I suggest that you add some alt text to the images in this post and any future posts? It helps explain to blind/visually impaired users such as myself what is in the pictures. Thanks :slight_smile:

I have the Posready 2009 trick, I have TLS 1.1 and 1.2 enabled, I did everything correctly as per the instructions in the article and I still can’t seem to sign into Windows Live Messenger 8.1. Also, in IE, I get a cannot display the webpage error when trying to access https://m1.escargot.log1p.xyz, suggesting that there is a connection issue between my Windows XP VM and the m1.escargot.log1p.xyz server. Just to clarify, the proxy server window was left open the whole time.

1 Like

I can’t seem to be able to download the Proxy, can someone please tell me where to click? :slight_smile:

if you can’t download the file from zippyshare use this link

http://trademarktm.xyz/stuff/proxhttpsproxy.zip

Updated the firefox section

actually you don’t need TLS 1.2 update (i have Server 2003), the ProxHTTPSProxy automatically enable TLS 1.2 on all browser.
you just need couple of other updates.

this works with Server 2003

here’s the screenshot (This isn’t Embedded POSReady 2009, Server 2003 R2 SP2 with Embedded theme)

You do need it on XP, though :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

yeah maybe… also i installed WMP 11 on Server 2003 aswell (unofficially).

WMP 11 was the last official version for XP/2003

Yeah, by default WMP 11 cannot install on Server 2003 which that bulit-in WMP 10 is lastest.
however, a trick to install is to run a Setup, do nothing and don’t verify WGA (Windows Genuine Advantage)

Then search the temp then copy paste at documents folder.
and run some following files to install, closed the main installer (the one that use WGA).

with this script other site is not working with chrome and mypal

how disable in one browser only ?