Using Messenger with Escargot on Windows XP, and avoiding the 80048821 error

Yeah, POSReady 2009 is more interesting.
But it will end soon.

not that i care. MSFN will probably provide new updates ported from server 2008 so XP would officialy unofficially half officialy supported until 2020!

and POSready’s unknown predecessors as well.

bump

nobody really cares about POSReady except to get updates for windows xp

thats true :stuck_out_tongue:

This is interesting.

TLS1.1 and TLS1.2 supported in POS Ready.

https://www.microsoft.com/security/blog/2017/10/05/announcing-support-for-tls-1-1-and-tls-1-2-in-xp-posready-2009/

Look what I have just been emailed. If we change our version of XP to think it’s POSREADY we can implement TLS 1.2!!!

Does someone want to give it a try? I’m currently travelling on a Ferry at the moment.

As soon as I get to my hotel I’ll try it in a virtual machine. This change can not be reversed so make sure you understand once it’s done you can’t go back.


Already have it,nothing new to me :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s odd, how did you get that? It wasn’t officially supported or have you done the PosReady trick already :stuck_out_tongue:

So it does work then? :slightly_smiling_face: if only I knew this sooner.

Yeah i have the Posready trick :stuck_out_tongue:
If you want to know more about it,here: https://msfn.org/board/topic/171814-posready-2009-updates-ported-to-windows-xp-sp3-enu/ :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah it does

Fantastic, thanks. I will check it out shortly.

Hm for some reason I don’t get the option for TLS 1.2. I enabled the registry and installed the KB and rebooted. Checked IE8 settings but it’s not there.

EDIT:

Ran this registry entry and it worked, it’s now TLS 1.2.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\AdvancedOptions\CRYPTO\TLS1.2]
"OSVersion"=-

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\AdvancedOptions\CRYPTO\TLS1.1]
"OSVersion"=-

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings]
"SecureProtocols"=dword:00000a80
"ShowPunycode"=dword:00000000
"EnablePunycode"=dword:00000001
"DisableIDNPrompt"=dword:00000000
"CertificateRevocation"=dword:00000000
"WarnOnPostRedirect"=dword:00000001
"WarnonBadCertRecving"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Protocols\Mailto]
"UTF8Encoding"=dword:00000000

Got TLS enabled but 8.5 on XP won’t sign in for some reason! . :frowning:


:wink:

I don’t really want to load another application while connecting. Not something I want to do. Things kind just have to work. I tried it though just to test but doesn’t work, still get that error. Followed instructions step by step.

If MS ever flipping added SNI support to xp so we wouldnt need an app to connect with :stuck_out_tongue:

I tried it though just to test but doesn’t work.

I will investigate that then

It’s not working for me :frowning:


hmm

Yet it doesn’t solve the chipher problem on XP x64/Server 2003(x64)(also it’s wp.xin.at):stuck_out_tongue: