What's your opinion about Windows OSes

just let me do what i want jeez

fucking god megadeth let him do what he wants. if hes getting the pc he wants then so be it

ah fuck whatever

iā€™m sorry dude, i was just warning him about it being a flawed product (being fatally flawed), he can have the computer, its just really not a wise move

man came on you think he will get this collection, NO, because why his mother will let him buy this shit
?

well, everyone (including my school aunts) think is a nice idea, as i need smth more specific for some OSes (and ppl there are very dumb for these stuff lol ) so it would help, cuz some guy like one thing (eg: one likes 7, other 8, other 10 and etc) so i will have EVERY version for them tbh

itā€™s a kind useless have fisical copyā€™s instead isos and make VM or install in a PC

did you read the full message?

yes, but itā€™s pointless, why bother wasting money and have a risk of being in the streets while you can get a ISO?

Pffft

also did you know that here it will GIVE the item on MY HOUSE???

You can get ā€œsmthā€ more specfic even without buring money into old shit that may be scratched or fucking dead-at-arrival.

i canā€™t say anything because I have spent $150 on manga in the past week

thank you jordan very cool

duuude legit just buy blank dvdā€™s and burn ISOs into them lmaoaooooooo

Canā€™t you guys listen PP?

1 Like

Windows 1.01: Never used it.

Windows 2.0: Never used it either.

Windows 3.1: I think I briefly used this one single timeā€¦ It was ok?

Windows 95: Ah yes. I remember this OS rather well. It was decent enough for the time. Although the computer we had kept locking up. Not really too much to say on it, personally, except that it was ā€œokā€. My favorite part was my sneaking onto the computer when I was supposed to be in bed and clicking ā€œcancelā€ on the prompt to login. Hah! Rating: 7/10.

Windows 98: I remember my parents bought this OS and had to return it because our computer couldnā€™t run it for whatever reason. It would just BSOD and lock upā€¦it had something to do with a certain part of the hardware I think? I donā€™t remember. Anyways since I never really used it I donā€™t have anything to say.

Windows 2000: Never used this I donā€™t thinkā€¦might be wrong though.

Windows ME: Ahh yes, for my 10th birthday I was given a PC with this OS! From what I remember, it ran fine, I didnā€™t really have any issues with it, but I didnā€™t use it for long, cause shortly afterwards Windows XP came out, and we upgraded to that. Rating: 5/10.

Windows XP: Horrible initially. Just having this thing connected to the internet at one point would make it get infected. Way too easy to permanently screw up, and WAY too easy to get viruses. I had to reinstall so many countless times because the OS got so infected it was unusable. Service Pack 2 made it mostly usable but overall, I just hated it. Rating: 3/10. (SP2 and SP3 get a 5/10.)

Windows Vista: I initially installed this on my machine which was built to run Windows MEā€¦ biiig mistake, it could NOT run it at all, you could hear the computer fans blasting trying to run the thing. It took forever to start any program and it would BSOD on startup a LOT. Eventually I would get an HP laptop that ran this OS. That ran okayish, but it would still run sluggish, and the laptop would get REALLY hot if more than a few programs were open. Those constant UAC prompts are irritating too. Rating: 3/10.

Windows 7: I bought a brand new computer just for this OS, since my old computer wasā€¦ well, old. It actually ran fairly decently and fixed all the problems with Vista. No sluggish performance even on computers ā€œdesignedā€ to run it, no constant UAC prompts, and an improved UI over Vista. Not perfect by any means but probably my favorite ā€œmodernā€ Windows OS. Rating: 7/10.

Windows 8: Not the worst, but bad. Iā€™m not one to hate things cause they are different, but the Start Screen was clearly not designed for use with a PC even after getting used to it. Thankfully a program called Classic Shell was invented, and fixed that problem. Unfortunately there are more problems, like forced updates, store apps only being able to run fullscreen, and this is when Microsoft started really experimenting with spying on you. Rating: 3/10.

Windows 8.1: Not too much to say, most of the same problems present in Windows 8 are here, except now its not as awful. Store apps can run in a window now and run in the desktop. Yaaaayā€¦ didnā€™t we solve this problem 30 years ago? Rating: 4/10.

Windows 10: Honestly one of the, if not the worst version so far. I have had 3 separate updates completely trash my computer, forcing HOURS of debugging and googling to fix, and one instance where I just reinstalled because I was so frustrated. Uses high amounts of CPU and memory when idle, even though I just bought this computer 2 years ago. Iā€™m aware there is a stable version of Windows 10 which I may try using in the future. For now though, Iā€™m giving it a 3/10.

2 Likes

UPDATE:
Added Windows ME and Windows NT to the eBay cart

(iā€™m not buying 2 Windows ME copies itself, iā€™m buying the box and the DVD cuz the one i found with everything was expensive)

27 usd for NT 4.0?
or 30 usd for win me?
ok im done

well you can get isos from winworldpc for free :stuck_out_tongue: but its good collecting old stuff if they get really valuable and extremely rare in the future

1 Like

shut up he REALLY NEEDS nt4 physically otherwise he will die

1 Like