Poll: What about a AOL Instant Messenger server?

i’m hosting the server at http://iwarg.ddns.net/aim/ at least for the foreseeable future.

1 Like

There’s no point bringing back anything else than msn if you can’t even complete this msn escargot.

i keep getting a error everytime i try to register

same @BucketOfChicken

I’m really glad you’re doing this. Mentioning that Pidgin works too on this is really good to know considering that doesn’t support the required MSNP versions for Escargot. I suppose AIM 5 was a lot more popular than MSN after WLM launched.

I’m having a similar issue as the other two, though:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_EXIT, expecting ',' or ';' in C:\wamp\www\aim\register.php on line 22

Probably a simple fix, since it’s just a syntax error.

i am trying to see if AIM 2.1 will work because it says it supports up to 5.9

This is actually something I’ve been wanting for YEARS, even without the server down.

Just a community-run server, which is compatible with the old versions of AOL.

This would be awesome!

1 Like

I was adding SQL injection exploit protection to the registration form last night, I must have made a typo before falling asleep :expressionless:

1 Like

I tried with a really old BeOS 5 AIM client that would have been from the late 90s or early 2000’s and it was able to function.

I’m on with Pidgin! Screen name: nintel

i am stuck on verifying username and password on aim client 2.1

I saw the Auth server getting requests, but the connection was never handed to the BOS server, hmm there must be something different in the early authentication challenge, i’ll look into it.

were you ever able to sign into aim before

i have currently tested AOL’s client from 4.x to 5.x, and a few versions of pidgin, and miranda im

what about 2.1 cause i want to use it

i’m preparing to see if i can figure out why 2.1 wont connect now.

ok

is there anyway i can help figure out the problem or did you already figure it out

also it says i need a modem or lan and i am using a wireless connection so what do I do

the lan option applies to wifi as well. as for the reason for the connection failure it appears the early client uses a different auth system that will take me a little but to figure out.