Msn messenger for mac

Does this website offer msn messenger for mac high sierra?

I don’t believe so. I’m pretty sure getting MSN to work on Mac’s are a little tricky as you have to use compatibility programs like Wine or a virtual machine application like Parallels to help set it up. I tried Wine once and it worked but not efficiently.

It might be worth installing Wine on your Mac and seeing if that works with the latest version of MSN off of Escargot’s website, but I would recommend using a Virtual Machine program. Only problem is that it may be slower, bigger downloads and a little more complex to set up, but definitely worth while if you’re willing to put in the effort.

It might also be useful looking at these other forum posts:

IIRC, the official MSN Messenger for Mac client is unsupported. I don’t remember why though :frowning:

You can use Wine though but VMs are quicker

Mac versions aren’t supported due to a different protocol that they use. It’s a different protocol that Escargot will most likely work out later on but their focus as of right now is all the versions of windows WLM clients and their connectivity. Don’t worry though they most likely will have it supported soon after they get '09, '11, '12, cause they use similar protocols and services which will speed up the process later on once they figure out how to make it behave with Escargot’s servers. Please correct me if I’m wrong, just saying what I’ve read or heard on forums.

P.s. I really want Messenger for macs to cause my mom’s mac still has an original application on her mac and I’d like to use it on my 2006 Mac pro when I do work. I can also upload the file/application for people, even though it doesn’t work I think.

1 Like

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I’ll have a look and see if I use use Wine :slightly_smiling_face:

you should be able to. I used winebottler (it’s third-party) but it made installing windows apps easier, but idk if it still works. Good Luck!:smile: