Made an MSN 7 server -- anyone want to chat?

I use Spotify 0.8 which actually natively supports this :slight_smile:

Email is josh.kelly27@outlook.com if anyone wishes to chat

3 Likes

Not sure I want to run outdated Spotify :sweat_smile:

MSN is okay though.

1 Like

add me if you wanna talk :slight_smile: alexshaw123456@gmail.com

1 Like

Does anyone know where to edit msnmsgr.exe for MSN 7 so I can get it to work with Escargot? I’ve opened it with Resource Hacker but I have no idea where the messenger.hotmail.com string is. Can anyone help me?

1 Like

@Spriteclad I haven’t used resource hacker. Use a hex editor/notepad++, ctrl+f to find the relevant strings :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

resource hacker just edits the actual resource rather than the files.

1 Like

Yeah, you’re right, I edited it with Notepad++ instead and it worked. Thanks!

2 Likes

WoW :joy:

Facebook on MSN 7.5

4 Likes

me too :wink: nice work @valtron

3 Likes

Hi, i have a problem at the time to download a MSN release.

I get “Anonymous users does not have storage.objects.get access to object escargot-storage-1/public/msn-installer/msn-7.5.0324-es.exe.”.

I’ve tried it with other links and I get the same thing.

Now i can, it might have been for maintenance reasons

1 Like

PEBKAC: when I checked the “select all” box to make them all public (in google cloud console), apparently only the loaded portion of the list got selected.

1 Like

Facebook is only possible in Spanish version? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

My MSN has not shown up with the tabs and whatnot, so I do not know what’s happening

1 Like

@JoSch @MichaelPower

I believe not, as long as you are using version 7.5 patched.

You only have to choose the tab with the “?” and it says “Communicate with MSN”, which would open the bing search. From here you can access any website. (TIP: For the mobile version, use touch.facebook.com instead of m.facebook.com).

3 Likes

There’s extra patching involved for that, the instructions are updated now.

1 Like

rio234oas@hotmail.com
I use MSN 7.5 with Messenger Plus! 3.63 and works good. Run slow in my PC.

1 Like

Add me up! Email is [removed, don’t really want more requests, pm if you really want to add], using Messenger 7.5 w/ Plus!.

2 Likes

Have you tried opening MSN in compatibility mode with Windows XP or 2000?

2 Likes

Can’t sign in to MSN 7.0, the problem started around 12h ago. “Signing in to MSN Messenger failed because the service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later. 80070195”. Have tried to re-install MSN 7.0. MSN Switcher is running normal… Any idea how to fix the problem?

1 Like

@ngr6 Well around that time I was messing with the server, but it was only down for maybe 10 minutes… anyway, don’t use MSN Switcher anymore. Uninstall it, uninstall your MSN 7.0, then install one of the pre-patched versions from the site.

2 Likes