[DISCONTINUED] My latest project: Reviving classic ICQ clients - proudly hosted on TReXIoN

wait ICQ is LIKE AIM

why do you need their API?

BTW: why is there firefox like addon icon on some of escargot memebers?
BTW2: thinking of open sourcing your Proxy?

Now you now 4 languages :slight_smile:, good boy (really you have to have logic in place (which you do) as you can always learn a new language as they are pretty similar :slight_smile:)

I need their clientLogin API to retreive the BOS server older clients need to use the ICQ service.

They share the same protocol (ICQ did by its 2000a release), but they were still different from each other. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve been considering it for a while, but I’ve contemplating whether it should be released as a Windows service project or a regular C# project. Either way, after I code the next server-side update, I’ll see about open-sourcing the server. :maple_leaf:

1 Like

BTW: Which Visual Studio version are you using?

Originally used 2010 for the initial build, but I’ve recently upgraded to 2017.

How do you connect to the server? Using ICQ 2001b and I see no option for changing server settings.

Assuming you’ve just installed it and you’re on the registration wizard:

Otherwise just go to Main > Preferences > Connections and you should be able to change the host there.

When you add ICQ6 support? :stuck_out_tongue: I’m waiting. You project is awesome, good luck with it!

It will, until @OhHelloThereImTheGuy implemented channel 0x02 authentication.

I understand, but when will it be? :smile:

there is no ETA.

as with WLM 2009 and other things, it’s a time consuming process which can take days, weeks, months or years to get done. there’s no definite time of arrival for ICQ6 support and will take a lot of reverse engineering of authentication to get done.

As @sswag said, it’s channel 0x02 auth, but that’s technically MD5-based, meaning that I can’t pass it to clientLogin to get the BOS (it expects cleartext), which ultimately means I can’t support that version.

ehhh… sad :frowning:

imagine using vs2010 when 2017 exists

There is no way to make ICQ 6 work right now?

is a personal ICQ server then?

Nope.

1 Like

How work this then?, greetings.

See the 1st post.

So you can connect to the icq server using older versions?

1 Like

Yeah. You can use ICQ 2000a - 2003b, ICQ 5 and unofficial client QIP 2005. Just rename server in settings:

Server: hypersonic.trexion.com
Port: 5190

2 Likes