[DISCONTINUED] My latest project: Reviving classic ICQ clients - proudly hosted on TReXIoN

It will, until @OhHelloThereImTheGuy implemented channel 0x02 authentication.

I understand, but when will it be? :smile:

there is no ETA.

as with WLM 2009 and other things, itā€™s a time consuming process which can take days, weeks, months or years to get done. thereā€™s no definite time of arrival for ICQ6 support and will take a lot of reverse engineering of authentication to get done.

As @sswag said, itā€™s channel 0x02 auth, but thatā€™s technically MD5-based, meaning that I canā€™t pass it to clientLogin to get the BOS (it expects cleartext), which ultimately means I canā€™t support that version.

ehhhā€¦ sad :frowning:

imagine using vs2010 when 2017 exists

There is no way to make ICQ 6 work right now?

is a personal ICQ server then?

Nope.

1 Like

How work this then?, greetings.

See the 1st post.

So you can connect to the icq server using older versions?

1 Like

Yeah. You can use ICQ 2000a - 2003b, ICQ 5 and unofficial client QIP 2005. Just rename server in settings:

Server: hypersonic.trexion.com
Port: 5190

2 Likes

is there ANY possibility to register the accounts, by just adding those manually?

wow, and we can see the server source code to studing?

I donā€™t know, this is not my project.

Last night, I was notified that clientLogin-based clients had stopped working. After looking into this to see if the problem had affected my server, I was shocked to see what had happened.

So clientLogin still works, but the BOS server it returns doesnā€™t seem to be active anymore, as when trying to connect to it myself, it results in the connection not being accepted. This looks like Mail.ru trying to shutter the last routes to using ICQ on its classic servers, and if the issue isnā€™t resolved after I post this, then itā€™d be best to assume that the classic ICQ service has officially taken the tumble. Letā€™s just see how this plays out.

:man_facepalming:

Great. Fuckinā€™ great.

1 Like

Itā€™s been 2 days since the classic ICQ servers went dark, and no sign of ICQ being able to connect to the core services w/ hypersonic. I can safely conclude that the servers have been knocked out. I believe this especially since from looking through my server logs, very few BOS servers for ICQ are still up, but not used in the authentication procedure that supplies them with a cookie for authentication purposes. Pretty much, R.I.P. Classic ICQ.

I do have a Yahoo! Messenger server in the works I made as a testbed, but right now it only supports anonymous logins with temporary contact lists and is a bit rough around the edges. More info will come soon.

Good things have to always end and the bad stuff no :confused: