Creating your own WLM 2009 server the easy way

msn_server_alessio
pass:alessio

Iā€™ll be back in a few minutes I have to go

Seems to be a problem with the still incomplete escargot server.

ā€œGamerappaā€ is currently using the winter icon but the other window uses the default one, ā€œcarebearhackerā€ sent ā€œtestā€ but doesnā€™t show on Gamerappaā€™s window.

1 Like

Similar issues to others above here:

Iā€™ve ensured that my cert is installed to trusted root authorities.

You have to run it as python dev so that the HTTP services can initialize on the right ports for development, or else the server will assume you will use a production server to host the HTTP content.

The message sending issue is on python dev.

Sadly, same with python dev

nevermind, i guess it

The server works, but I cannot log in. Iā€™m sure I installed the certificate correctly and even re-done the whole procedure about 3x considering the comments, even then the problem persists.

1 Like

how doe work XP?
HOW DO WORK XP!

This tutorial requires Visual C++ Build Tools, which i guess appears to only work on Windows 7+?

I found the solution, this is a silly mistake. Try to create a new account in the database using the code python script/user.py email password without the braces, since they are registered as part of the login.
Tell me if it worked =)

I do have .NET 4.0 from the M I C R O S O F T website.

but BLAH BLAH BLAH doesnā€™t help.

have you ended vmware-hostd.exe? :slightly_smiling_face:

if it says you are using pip version 18.1 while 19.0.1 is available, should i update my pip version?

Itā€™s really annoying to see that message so yeah you if you want, update pip.

1 Like

having outdated pip doesnā€™t break anything, but itā€™s just there to let you that thereā€™s a new version of pip. personally i donā€™t update.

1 Like

@Gamerappa and @xsychoreese yeah i know itā€™s not important, just wanted to know. Thanks for the information. :stuck_out_tongue:

@xsychoreese can i ask something? on the user.py script is it important to write the { and }? how do i install the missing module?