Creating your own WLM 2009 server the easy way

I have not working :(((((((( I CAN WAIT FOR RELEASE DATE THIS SERVER IST SO COMPLICATED!!! I HAVE INSALLED THE VS 2015 AND NOT WORKING!!! :(((((

Setting up your own server isn’t really meant for the average user, and I advise staying away from it if you don’t know what you’re doing. Besides the thread’s name’s a bit of a misnomer. :stuck_out_tongue:

Also I still don’t get why I see people going to the old and outdated feature/wlm2009 branch that hasn’t been updated in a year now

1 Like

Then why i was able to have a working earlier version of the server back in January with only VS 2017 installed?

Someone should make a newer version of this post, advising the user to not to use “feature/wlm2009” and just use the standard master branch.

Or they can not as the server’s already been finished anyway. Best thing to do is wait and not tell people to set up their own servers which by the way takes a while to get right. Yes, you can live without touching WLM 2009 for a while. No need to panic. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can’t install VS 2012 or newer.

You only need the build tools, not the whole package. Also, as I said before, if you don’t know what you’re doing, please don’t bother and just wait until support is released officially.

this is to longwait :frowning: :cry:

I’m afraid until I get word from valtron, we’ll have to wait for things to get back into motion. But good things come to those who wait. :wink:

ok

who can i download the masterbranch?

?

This is not working :frowning: this is a new masterbranch? :weary:

This is my new error : I have the new masterbranch downloaded!

You are using Python 3.7 and not 3.6

Python 3.7-el nem mƱködik még az WLM 2009 szerver,
szedd le python 3.6-ot Ă©s azzal probĂĄld meg.

ok megprĂłbĂĄlom :slight_smile: amĂșgy magyar vagyok :slight_smile:

SikerĂŒlt vĂ©gig csinĂĄltam be tudok jelentkezni köszi balazs! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have sucessfully installed!

3 Likes

I’ve updated this thread. You can find it here:

Alongside updated steps, it also includes some fixes that were later added in this thread.
If you had difficulties while using reese’s version of the tutorial, refer to the updated one.

2 Likes

when i try to run python script/dbcreate.py it gives me an error that says unexpected indent