Creating your own WLM '09 server the updated way

Hi there, im using Python 3.6.8 and im stuck in “script/dbcreate.py”:
msn
Any help??

I’m also stuck there!

1 Like

I GOT IT!!! Yeah!!! Finally!!! This is the correct branch: server-live-2019-12-31.zip
Its working on my raspberry pi and also in my windows 10!!! Sometimes is better not to update things I guess @MininuMudo try it, that error will not appear .

2 Likes

That’s great! But I couldn’t find the file because I’m not quite used to the Git Lab site’s UI. Could you please send the file’s link to me? That would be much appreciated :smiley:

1 Like

Yep:
https://gitlab.com/escargot-chat/server/-/archive/live-2019-12-31/server-live-2019-12-31.zip

1 Like

Fixed my old issues, now i am getting this.

Any fixes?

Still has an error
Still has an error 2
I still get errors in both the old and new versions of the server. I was struggling with the db module, but got it installed, and I still get errors.

@MininuMudo Make sure you set your system variable “PYTHONPATH” to that folder

To address all the recent problems:

One, the live branch isn’t the branch you’re looking for in this case. You’d just be running what’s running on Escargot. master is the branch you’ll want to download from right now.

Also I notice some people are still installing modules that they shouldn’t, like core and db. The only modules you should install, or pip in this case, are the ones from the requirements.txt file. Any other modules are supplied by the server code and if those aren’t recognized you probably set PYTHONPATH incorrectly.

BTW stop downloading from feature/wlm2009. It’s outdated by a year and has a few major bugs anyway

2 Likes

Using the master branch happens the same as me before, and what @MininuMudo is having now.
Using that old package didn’t give any errors, I can run msn 7.5 just fine.

Oh, so you aren’t here for WLM 2009. :stuck_out_tongue:

Also using a dot as the PYTHONPATH works effectively as it pretty much says “use the relative path of the script when referencing dependencies”. If you still want to poke at the master code try removing the core and db modules you installed from pip, and with the other fixes that should be working.

edit

Try installing Build Tools again, with all the options selected but the Windows 10 SDK. That might maybe help?

edit

i didi everything and its work but its anoying to install certificate when using msn escargot its not nesecary to install certificate how to baypass ?

u can’t bypass it

Where is the .devtls_cache located?

Should be in the main directory of the server.

I had the same problem trying to install the server on Windows 7 x64 Professional. Is there an older branch I can checkout that doesn’t include the core.engine requirement?

I succeeded in getting the server to run! I checked out the following branch from 2019-12-31, then followed the instructions above.