Windows Live For Android and iOS

After lot of time I’ve found the IPA and the APK for Windows Live… Can it be a future patching project? I wanted to use it but I cannot login… :frowning:

Nice job that you found the installers for the official Messenger apps. If you can, lay 'em on us. :stuck_out_tongue:

In the meanwhile, you can use a patched version of a third-party client for Android named Mercury Messenger that’s has a thread for you to download it from. Enjoy. :smile:

1 Like

Ok… Here what’s I found…

http://crealya.fr/messenger/Windows%20Live%20Messenger%20for%20iOS.zip
http://crealya.fr/messenger/Windows%20Live%20Messenger%20for%20Android.zip

I don’t know If android version works… I’ve installed 2.3 on my iPhone 4S, it works but I cannot login.
I hope one they we can use these :slight_smile:

It seems that the source comes from @tristanleboss, a forum user of ours (I can tell since the domain is part of a web hosting business he runs, neat if you ask me). Guess he was one step ahead of all of us. :stuck_out_tongue:

You need to modify the application to work with Escargot, so it does not include

Actually I was waiting for a patched .ipa for iOS but I switched to Android recently anyways lol. I may try patching the Android .apk version though. Might be a pain in the ass, but in the end it may be worth it. :cat2:

I don’t want to discourage anyone, and I can’t speak for every single version here without testing them all, but at least some of the Android releases used the mostly forgotten beta XMPP protocol instead of MSNP. As Escargot doesn’t support XMPP at present, there’s nothing to connect to on those releases.

Any iOS version is going to need a new-from-scratch backend server that can send notifications through to the Apple push notification service to realistically work decently, on top of the other normal issues with getting non-approved software on there.

It’s been months since I’ve heard that the Android clients use the XMPP protocol. Time flies so fast you forget tiny details alongside. >_<

Funny enough, the XMPP-stuff was one of the last things I was involved with before the end :stuck_out_tongue:

And although I think having XMPP support in Escargot would be cool, it’s not immediately going to revive these as the authentication is OAuth and would need an implementation of that too.

1 Like

I noticed that in the wiki page regarding the XMPP gateway on Escargot’s GitLab, it did have headers labelled `X-MESSENGER-OAUTH2", but I never paid much attention to them. Welp, now we’ll be needing to get OAuth2 set up alongside our MSN frontend, Yahoo! frontend, IRC frontend, and MSN HTTP frontend. :stuck_out_tongue:

I installed it on my iPhone 4s, but for some reason he asks to enter the Apple ID. I enter my own - the application crashes

Yes… It happened to me too. I don’t know what do do :frowning:

Jailbreak. It’s trying to verify that you own the app.

Another reason why Apple is cruel to the average hobbyist/hacker. :stuck_out_tongue:

Also someone better create a viable iOS emulator and Xcode clone, both for Windows. :stuck_out_tongue:

windows mobile is better at everything

1 Like

… NOPE

They must be translated into English and Spanish, Among other languages. the android apps are in chinese

listen up here

atleast you didn’t have to install the client that may not work

the manufacturer of an Android phone may well put MSN installed from the factory so that’s not a reason why it should be better

I switched from iOS to Android years ago, so I wouldn’t know much about the current state of this, but I hear there’s a way to self-sign an app from iOS 10+ for 7 days.

1 Like