Why google chrome is shit

Yea, but it eat like 75% of avaible ram on it

This reminds me of Rozi, he keeps brainwashing ppl to add his bot, and like 1 minth later, he raids and betray u

These are the posts you bump -_-

why you are bumping

Beacuse i can

i will now, advertise on your discord dms because i can…

DO YOU LIKE THAT YOU MORHWRFUCKING HYPOCRITE?

1 Like

please stop, for fucking god’s sakes.

watch as pedrox gets @TReKiE’d

1 Like

Just moved to Opera GX.

lol chromium-based browser

I moved to Firefox to Edge cuz it’s always eating 1GB RAM when using Firefox, and also Edge doesn’t have always launch option so i moved to Opera

i also saw some user said that YouTube doesn’t properly works on non Chromium-based browser.

However
I use Opera GX on Windows 7, 8/8.1 and 10
while I use New Moon/Serpent (fork of Pale Moon) on Windows XP and Vista.

Opera GX is just a browser that provide information about Games.

Fake news, i already tried comparing, NONE of them had difference

maybe its fake
But i still seeing a problem back then when i use Firefox Developer Edition/Nightly That Firefox eats 1GB RAM [it’s may eats more when watch in 4k or more…] on YouTube page for some reason. (other pages doesn’t happen), maybe this is likely a bug on YouTube.

It had a difference, however Google was sued for that and they removed their BS, basically they were intentionally making Youtube worst on non-chromium browsers so people switch to Chrome
Sources:

Dumb Question but, How did they detect it was a non-chromium browser? Did it detect it by the browser telling the webserver the version and what browser it’s using? or by something else?

User Agents?

huh.

afaik they used stuff in a way only chromium was fast at it/some, in some browsers, already deprecated stuff.
but don’t quote me on that.

1 Like

Unfortunately, those articles were written by total retards that don’t know how the web works. That Mozilla exec is someone I am criticizing here, too.

Vendors implement non-standard features all the time, including those that are still being drafted. It’s how browser features become standard. Firefox just happens to be one of the slowest vendors to implement new features, instead opting to wait until standardisation before enabling a feature. Of course, Safari (which uses WebKit) takes the lead in… well, not taking the lead.

YouTube used the Shadow DOM v0 API. This is straight from the tweet that was the “source” of these stupid articles. Simply using this API does not equate to “BS”. It’s just a decision the engineers made a few years back, and they continued using it after the Shadow DOM API was standardised. They provide a polyfill for browsers that don’t support the API, which is the best they could have done.

Google clearly just doesn’t care about Firefox when making an architectural decision, and as such, doesn’t really test their stuff on Firefox. This is quite apparent with YouTube Studio, which takes 2 literal minutes to load on Firefox, if it loads at all. It works, somewhat. That’s good enough for them. I don’t like this attitude either, but it’s not “BS”.

Nobody was sued. There is no anti-competitive behaviour here. Please, don’t spout shit like this without the proper research.

Also, Google later deprecated the v0 API in Chrome. YouTube moved off of the v0 API about 1 year ago. Redirecting to Google Groups

Also (again), this is a fascinating thread worth a read on the topic: https://twitter.com/slightlylate/status/1021907720255893504

2 Likes

SEE? @PPCB