What was your os (When you were a kid)

Had windows xp and later windows 7

Mine was windows XP. We had a buncha games in it.

Windows 98 - Windows ME - Windows XP PROFESSIONAL SP3

My first ever OS encounter might be with Vista, but the first OS that I used is XP.

Suse Linux with kde desktop mostly. :slight_smile:

1 Like

A picture of me with my first OS in 2009.

(btw, the OS is Windows 98.)

5 Likes

Dang. Was it connected to the internet?

No, the things I usually did on it was Paint and some Solitaire or even Word.

(yes, I found Word funny when you mess up with it)

Well, I know how to get internet works, first Click Internet Connection Wizard > if you have MSN thing, Close and Remove it, if not, skip this MSN > Now Select Connect LAN or something Etc… and don’t use email account.
Done!, this was configured for IE5 on Windows 9x, Windows 2000, Windows ME and Windows XP(IE6 only)

My first PC was in 2007,i do not know os was installed but probaly windows xp.Then i was in grandma s house i used pc with winows xp ZVERDVD(russians know that word)

Windows XP on Acer Aspire 4920G :stuck_out_tongue:

Mine was Windows 98. Wow, looks like most of the people here started with WinXP

Yeah

Win98 SE

my history started with an eMachines PC running XP MCE, then it became a Comaq running Vista, a 2008 MacBook Pro running Mac OS X 10.7, and then a Gateway DX running 8.1, with my most recent being an HP Pavilion running 10 as of now.

i do have a picture of the MacBook but not of any of the others. this picture was back in 2012 and i was 6 at the time. i don’t remember what i was doing but it was probably homeschool.

1 Like

I actually got to know computers until high school, I started using MS-DOS / Windows 3.11 and later Windows 98 :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Windows 98 SE :stuck_out_tongue: And i remember i hated it

1 Like

Windows XP Professional SP3, installing loads, LOADS of bloatware, viruses, themes, and in the end, i locked it up by putting a garbage password

prime example:

2 Likes

Windows nt 4.0

Windows 98. it was a packard bell 955. LGR actually made a video on that computer. the power supply went in is in 2017 but i still have the computer