What do you like the most about WLM 2009?

In height of the upcoming support for WLM 2009 on Escargot, which has been long belated, I’d like to know everyone’s stance on what they like the most about WLM 2009, and if you want to, explain why you like them. :stuck_out_tongue:

• UI Update to Wave 3
  • Animated Status Tiles
  • Animated Avatar Support
  • Dynamic Display Pictures (DDPs)
  • Circles/Groups
  • Built-in Photo Sharing
  • “What’s New”
  • MPoP (Multiple Points of Presence)
  • Integration with other Windows Live services
  • Scenes
  • All of the above

0 voters

3 Likes

did you live under a rock or something?

1 Like

No. DDPs are display pictures that change on the event that a specific emoticon has been sent in an IM conversation. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I don’t know what to choose, you could put an option that says “All”

1 Like

Edited. :stuck_out_tongue:

(Also noted to not edit polls :S)

1 Like

mention a feature that’s existed since like… idk 7.x?

think it’s from lm 9

im very curius how you will make the contacts update stuff work again :stuck_out_tongue:

all of above :stuck_out_tongue:

If @valtron greenlights it, go through the effort of adding a social network-like section to Escargot primarily to support WLM 2009+. :stuck_out_tongue:

project codename: Ram Escargot Spaces 2.0 into Escargot itself much?

Personally, I didn’t like WLM 2009 and later. At that point, WLM was way too bloated, bigger and somewhat slow. :frowning: Not just another IM software, WLM was trying to do EVERYTHING. With changed branding, many utilities were bundled also.
Interface over WLM 8.1/8.5 is a nightmare! The soul of MSN coming from 2004 was lost… That awful interface resembling Metro, departure of our good status icons, and lots of mistakes…

Bloat and “new” interface meant that MSN was not simple anymore. At the time, with the rise of Facebook, many people started to leave and for a year or two later, we also left.

1 Like

So far, it looks like the number one feature people are looking forward to with WLM 2009 is animated avatar support, with Circles being second, and the new UI being the third most-looked after feature. Personally, out of the features I’ve voted for, animated avatars are something I’m looking forward to possibly using. Circles, too, but those aren’t being released any time soon due to technical issues.

Anyways, WLM 2009 support is complete, and hopefully by the time everything’s tested and polished, we can patch WLM 2009 and it can go live for everyone to use. I put a lot of time into getting it to work, and having that effort go to waste would be a bummer. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

I can see how much of your time you’ve been putting into it and I can’t thank you enough :smiley: I personally don’t like WLM 2011 (or 2012? It’s the one in which the default emoticons design was changed) and I remember that nobody in my contacts list did back when it released, but everybody loved WLM 2009 and it was generally considered the best version Microsoft was able to put off.

I am looking forward to it and I doubt your work will go to waste. Eventually the last pieces will be put together with the help of whoever comes with the skills and it will be up and running. Like I said in the other thread: I can’t wait! :stuck_out_tongue:

Looks like the UI update is in second, with animated status tiles being the third most looked forward to WLM 2009 feature and Circles dropping to fourth. MPoP is sixth, which kind of surprises me, since who wouldn’t love wanting to use Messenger on several devices at once? :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

(By the way, friendly reminder. Please don’t choose all options regardless of if you have chosen “All of the above”. It doesn’t make any sense since that option already exists. :expressionless: )

2 Likes