[Archive] After a year of being puzzled, we've finally got the WLM 2009 problem solved!

“Whats up” = welcome screen?

No. It was a recent recap of what happened with your Windows Live friends and services. There isn’t any real use for it unless we had a social network portion of Escargot, which won’t be happening anytime soon.

ok i wait :frowning:

why is windows live messenger 2009 not yet officially released but the non-updated version detects my escargot account?:roll_eyes:

Version 2009 uses the same account storage 8.5 uses. Not much else to say than that.

Also don’t be down in the dumps lol. If you want the look of 2009, then there’s a WLM 2009 skin for 8.5 available somewhere on the forum. Don’t feel like linking it here.

I also have a poll about what people like the most from WLM 2009 that needs some well-deserved love. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

sorry for bad english :frowning: I’m translated

Scenes, animated status tiles
circles groups :slight_smile:

“what’s up”
never

wtf is a what’s up?

It was just a pane that showed recent activity from Windows Live services you used. I said never because with what we currently support, there’s no point in implementing it.

out of pure curiosity, is webcam support going well?

Depends on your webcam and network settings. I hope 2009 is NAT-friendly.

will we get the page where you can see what your friends have shared or what their status is.

no

PSMs are already a part of Messenger, so that would be a bit redundant. As for “what your friends have shared”, that sounds more like Windows Live’s social network itself and we have no plans to implement anything like that.

2 Likes

i’m pretty hyped now

ok thanks

That reminds me more of 2011 and 2012 than 2009

yeah sorry. got the versions wrong. thought we wouldn’t get that bit anyway

Here’s the mentioned 2009 skin for 8.5.