Suggestions for Escargot. (don't put versions of MSN or WLM

The closest thing we have to this is the “IM Antivirus” module from Kaspersky (Free, Antivirus Plus, Internet Security & Total Security). But with some other antivirus (such as Avast) we can select it to scan ARCHIVES sent by MSN (in an own configuration of MSN). However the Avast resident module would already detect this even though it is not configured on MSN (and any other antivirus as well).

1 Like

Cool

So escargot is safer

1 Like

Yep, I will soon create a topic on how to configure MSN to use your antivirus to scan (with most popular antivirus programs like Avast/AVG, Avira, Panda, Bitdefender, Kaspersky, etc.).

2 Likes

What about malwarebytes

Malwarebytes is an anti-malware, but yes, too.

We can also use plugins for Messenger Plus! and create one that do that I said a few posts ago by installing it in Messenger Plus!

1 Like

Man, a Virus is a Malware, Anti-Malware and Anti-Virus are the same thing :wink:

You’re correct, but an anti-malware only has real-time protection (and is an excellent reinforcement for an antivirus). But the antivirus has features like parental control, behavior module, safe files feature, vulnerability checker, cloud protection, etc. :wink:

1 Like

Malware, short for malicious software, is an umbrella term used to refer to a variety of forms of hostile or intrusive software, including computer viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, spyware, adware, scareware, and other malicious programs. It can take the form of executable code, scripts, active content, and other software. so that means it can be any file at any time from any site / download / email message. it also can be in groups instead of one file.

2 Likes

So we should do an antivirus to eliminate that MSN virus

It is not necessary. To remove viruses from MSN there are two programs I know of and the Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool (MSRT) (though most antivirus programs detect these threats since they are very old). What I said in my first post was an MSN plugin that alerts the user if any phishing links or malicious files were sent or received.

don’t have a server that does not have a error

I have another Suggestion, about the design, someone person will use the Resource Hacker and change the logos, bars, buttons, etc. And later, publish the msnmsgr.exe modified with the Resource Hacker in escargot.log1p.xyz, let’s take an example with the user called Yuka, Yuka makes very great and simple style draws.

Good idea! Create a session on the Escargot website so that registered users can send their themes, winks, emoticons, etc.

like iLoveMessenger? (from MSN)

winks are not actually creatable.

Yeah, but I just gave you an example.

But the design needs to be simple, because the simple design is the most used today’s day :wink:

i know that, the only time you could make winks is with 3Degress.

It is more used but not more loved! I prefer a thousand times the Aero theme than the Metro.

2 Likes