Some progress regarding games

Well if there are areas (pictures) that are completely gone (we can’t get them back) then we can make our own. And if you need help with that I’m in.

I will use screenshots because it’s just the “MSN Games” window border/buttons that are missing.

The game is intact because all the images were in the Flash file.

I hope that some people will be able to code new games… it’s super easy.

For Reversi, people will have to do the translation also. I will just do the French and English ones. But there is not a lot of strings to translate :wink:

you do realize that the SDK for the Interative Media is not on the ms website

Everything is here: Some progress regarding games - #11 by tristanleboss

no like the SDK Download, its gone…

It’s not gone if you know where to search… :wink:

http://wayback.archive.org/web/20051104052000/http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/c/3/2c300000-e774-4e80-9682-9a01109fd309/messengerActivitySDK.zip

But, really it’s not super useful because the system is super simple. The libraries are built into Messenger.
So this SDK is basicaly an help file and this help file has been put online by Microsoft (I put the link in the post I linked. The Tic Tac Toe from the ZIP file was also in this same post.)

I was able to make an app myself and I can assure you you need nothing more. There is nothing to compile, no JavaScript to load. Everything is taken care of by Messenger through the Internet Explorer COM element which is used to load the html of the game on the right side oif the window.

2 Likes

that it?
just a demo of TTT and an important xml file
and just an offline version of the MSDN website?

Yes. Try it by yourself, you will see :wink:

1 Like

i already have done
(whats with the atleast 15 chars thing)

(whats with the atleast 15 chars thing)

Can you be more precise?

1 Like

try typing a post that has less than 15 charaters
(i was trying to say “i already have” and that is 14 chars…)
wut

Also I want new updates by late Wednesday, as I am really interested!

still waiting
(filler text, so ignore this line)

What are you waiting for? :smiley:

1 Like

more news on this topic, i want this to be updated so it makes its way into fully working
PS: what activities do you think would be great to make?
also your msn chat info https://wink.messengergeek.com/t/msn-chat-experimentation/1086:

I was not, I’m not and will not be working on MSN Chat. We just talked about it with Enhanox, that’s all.

Regarding Games, I am done working on it: I figured everything and I tried the 2 I have with Matheus and they were working perfectly. It’s not yet available on Escargot but there is no urgent need. I mean, there is just 2 games.

It would have been great if people were creating new games (everything is in this topic) but unfortunately, there is almost no geeks among Escargot users :frowning:

1 Like

Trying to mess around with it, but I can’t get the activities menu to work still.

1 Like

I think it will not appear in this menu but in one of the real window menu. I think it’s the “Actions” one.

The online doc is more up to date than the CHM file from the ZIP file.

If the entry exists and is well formed, Messenger adds a menu item called Start (Name), where (Name) is defined by the Name element in the MSGRP2P.xml file. The item is added to the Actions menu of the Messenger Conversation window.

1 Like

Not in that menu either, actually probably something to do with my WineBottler setup. (doesn’t appear to even recognize the xml file, so maybe the wine prefix in the bundle isn’t even what the application uses?!) Anyways, I’ll probably try it with good ol’ Windows.

EDIT: It was! Resetting the application data in Winebottler after editing the prefix in the app bundle made it appear. It WILL log you out and reset all settings so be careful.

1 Like

got it to work, thanks, now, just need somewhere to host the game so i can try online, not local