Snailscape: Looking for server managers and programmers

Hello people. Guy here.

@Floobby will be gone for some time after a few days, so in order to keep Snailscape in tip-top shape, we’re looking for a good amount of server managers and programmers. Specifically, server managers that specialize in Linux and programmers that have a strong set of HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and/or PHP skills, although the more, the merrier. You could even be both, for all we care. :stuck_out_tongue:

Please note that more people helping us isn’t reserved for special occasions like with @Floobby’s absence. You can also help alongside us with loose ends or tricky spots or additions to the backend or frontend.

If you want to be considered for the (volunteer) job, DO NOT reply to this thread selectively regurgitating the skills we’ve listed that you hone or directly message me or @Floobby regarding a spot on the Snailscape team just to expect a spot on the team. Instead, e-mail us at snailscape@gmail.com with a detailed application, and preferably, a résumé detailing your programming skills and experience with managing servers. We’ll then look over the background info, and see if you’re fit for the job.

We hope to see you then. :smile:

what are we programming in

PSOST CAMT NBE EMOTA

I have some kind of knowledge of HTML, the reverse difference is in CSS/JS/PHP.

i know HTML and CSS pretty well and somewhat of JS

Hey, I’m good at HTML/CSS/JS :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Hey. I just want to make it apparent that to actually be picked for the job, you have to e-mail us at snailscape@gmail.com. :stuck_out_tongue:

@gmail.com

jobs@snailscape.com smh

Well that was @Floobby’s decision, not mine. Personally, @snailscape.com would’ve been nicer. :stuck_out_tongue:

why i heard hey vsauce michael here on my mind

free e-mail with a domain, and a bit easier

It’s not much of a concern anyway. :stuck_out_tongue:

I am on Linux since 1 year I can help you. I have setuped Tremulous game server (+ security, optimize). A storage server. So I am so pro on Debian/Arch.

I can make websites in HTML5 + CSS3 (after 4 months learning.

But… what do you wanna set up? What is snailscape?

We’re not planning to set up anything new at the moment. We just want some extra helpers to man the existing servers we have set up since @Floobby doesn’t have all the time in the world to do so. We’re also looking for programmers to help add on to or improve the current Snailscape frontend and backend.

Snailscape is planned to be a set of online services, kind of like MSN/Windows Live and Yahoo!, mainly set to look retro, work on old and new platforms, and even expand on current online services. Right now, the only one we have set up is Snailscape Chat, meant to capture as much of MSN Chat as possible, along with planned social features alongside. It’s in beta, so it doesn’t look the best, and the IRC web client set up doesn’t even look like original MSN Chat (We’d use the original ActiveX control, but of course, anything that isn’t IE doesn’t support that ;p). This will change soon, though, and Snailscape will be up to people’s expectations.

Anyways, if you want the owner to consider you, e-mail him at snailscape@gmail.com with a good enough description of your experience with the listed technologies. :slight_smile:

1 Like

to be honest we couldve put it in a vb.net program

Recently we did have plans for a separate application that can connect to Snailscape Chat services, but it’ll be primarily web-based, as there are enough IRC clients out there that can do the same thing as Snailscape. They can even connect to Snailscape right now. ;p

I have some kinda knowledge of PHP, I do have knowledge in HTML too. :stuck_out_tongue:

I have HTML knowledge :stuck_out_tongue:

A strong set of those skills, not the most basic of HTML knowledge, judging from what I’ve seen from you. :stuck_out_tongue:

If we work in a group then I will change my mind.
(I was working some places but everywhere Ive must worked in solo) So team work is important.

Something messed up the Zoho account so the gmail is just used as backup for now.