Share your stories how did you found Escargot

I heard about it from @Spriteclad

I found out about LAN Messenger when I was looking for a messenging application. Then when I worked out that it was MSN over LAN, at some point I found out about escargot.

1 Like

well, same story

1 Like

I wanted to revive WLM so i’ve downloaded MSN REVIVER 2… I’ve discovered that you cannot use it anymore so I was finding on google things like: “MSN 2018, Using MSN 2018 etc.” After some hours surfing trough the web I’ve found escargot’s website :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

On a Discord community, we were talking about MSN/WLM. I said “I wish MSN Messenger was never discontinued…” and then people there said “MSN Messenger is here dude, just download it from Escargot”.

1 Like

I found it through the Messenger Reviver page. Was pretty sad at first because I had been planning to get back on to MSN for a few years at that point but I never got around to it, and because I had been planning to get my friends onto WLM '12.

1 Like

many years ago, someone told me about MSN Reviver but I didn’t use it. And now, 2018, I thought, let’s give it a shot. So I’ve searched MSN Reviver on google, and I found out that it doesn’t work anymore. But google suggested an youtube video, I can’t remember quite exactly but it was something like “MSN 2018 working”. And there was a guy showing MSN Escargot. So basically that’s it!

1 Like

I was chatting with a friend of mine on Discord and he told me about Escargot MSN and AIM Phoenix. Instantly made accounts for them. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I discovered Escargot in July 2017. A person on a Discord server introduced it to us and many people there including myself created accounts. As I didn’t really use MSN/WLM back in the day (save for WLM 2009 a little), it was nice to try it out. I still use Escargot from time to time; it’s honestly a good alternative to Discord when there’s an outage. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I watched a video too!

i deja vu’ed from times of seeing my mom annoying my dad via messenger, probably the 2011 version, so i went and got reviver 2 around its death and stopped using msn for some time until escargot went up (was called msn switcher at the time)

1 Like

I met escargot, I was looking for how to revive messenger in 2017 when I found out that messenger reviver 2 was no longer useful because they had already closed the microsoft servers then looking for other ways until I found videos of how to relive messenger not by microsoft but by escargot and one of victor montoya was like october or november 2017 that’s how I met escargot :slight_smile:

1 Like

Woah, dude, don’t you think you need to add some periods in that there text?

1 Like

cocaine except its on a text

lmfao

(oof bump) thank mjd

I never used WLM or MSN Messenger because I was too young for use it, I didn’t know how to log in or chat, but I watched a video coming from a youtuber called Victor Montoya talking about Messenger and he told that Escargot was supporting Messenger, when I saw the logo I said “I remember that logo! I see it on Windows xp and vista!” then I decided to use WLM 8.5 and help people to use Messenger and help the Escargot Server Source Code to get better.

So basically I saw a video from a youtuber talking about Messenger, then I saw the logo and I just remember it and then I entered to the Escargot Website to discover, just because when Messenger was alive I was young and I did not know how to use Messenger and no one helped me to chat in that old times hehe :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

too

too pity that most of you werent here back when original servers were still online!..

1 Like

Yes, too bad for me, but as well, I saw my brother using that program, but as I said before, I was too young for using Messenger and that’s why that now I don’t stop of using it!