Share your Antivirus

if only common sense would protect you from the things i mentioned, what a wonderful world we would live in
too bad we are in the real world :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

ugh the bookmark bug affected this thread

MBAM (malwarebytes) free and windows defender since I don’t need any real time protection, I have real time common sense and I don’t go around downloading random cracked software from unknown sources hosted in China/Russia. and for the MS office worms and image files 9/10 I never open images and I don’t even have office (yet), the 0-day vulnerabilities abuse certain software I don’t have (e.g Chrome) or again, I won’t open some random file from a protonmail account.

and i oop

I edited my crap, go look back.

my point was, any file could potentially infect you if a vulnerability is discovered, and you won’t know that it exists in the first place

0-day vulnerabilities can abuse anything on the operation system, it’s nothing specific and it can very well affect something you do use on the daily.

0-days need certain program code (e.g MS Remote Desktop Protocol) to abuse to get access to a system, and they need most likely need some really dumb user actions.

nope lol, 0-day vulnerabilities are vulnerabilities found in a extremely short time and Hackers are normally very quick to abuse them, again it’s NOTHING specific.

Yes that happens but how often does it happen for the security conscious user over an average grabby download-it-all user? Windows already has malware and virus scanners built in these days that are sufficient. The point I would try to argue is if these “cloud” real time scanners that you pay a ridiculous amount for are worth it or not.

the ones you pay a ‘‘ridiculous amount’’ are for servers, there are many amazing free antiviruses that does everything you need, and even some paid ones that aren’t expensive anyways

1 Like

This is true on so many levels.