Quick Patch for Messenger Plus! v3 and v4 Sounds

Just tried to create some new custom sounds here, and seems like it’s working again. Thanks!

When I try to search random sounds, “I will always love you” is still the only result I get though.

Thanks. It was a small typo in my code.

I’m now looking into the random code to know if it’s normal that only this one “I will always love you” sound pops up.

Can some with Plus v4 send a private sound (at the end of the wizard, there is a checkbox to tick in order not to share the sound publicly) and give me its name?

that function is also in plus 3.

Custom Emoticons Sounds do work, confirmed by sending the windows xp shutdown sound.

Yes, thanks. But I need someone to send a private custom sound with Plus! 4 (with Plus! 3, I know it works).

i don’t have WLM yet.

also my Escargot is yellows111@winmessenger47.escargot

Alright, I’ll be following this thread to know of any updates regarding the random sounds bug. :relaxed:

About the private sound: I’ve just created one named final kalimba, in Music category, and sent it to a contact of mine.

i uploaded a plus 3 custom sound, sound info is this encase you need it:
Name: "MSN Chat - New Join"
Sound ID: #0F8E04CFE36F
Category: "Sound Effects"
Language: Unknown

Thanks. It seems some values for visibility (public/private) are different between Plus! 3 and Plus! 4. My random system was just searching among Plus! 3 public sounds. I updated it to search among all Plus! 3 and Plus! 4 public sounds.

1 Like

thank you, this will make MSN/WLM fun

we all thank you
(remember that JK was gonna do this first, you made it in a day, we’re happy for you :heart: )

Oh, right! Just out of curiosity: would that imply that amongst those who downloaded your patch, there’re many more people using WLM (Plus! 4) compared to the userbase of MSN 7.5 (Plus! 3)? Given the fact that while searching among Plus! 3 public sounds it was able to find only one.

Well, I’ve just tested it out and seems like random sounds search is working. :smiley: I was able to find a bunch of new sounds, even one that I’ve created myself!

also, when is the website gonna have a sound list?

maybe soon?

Yes, JK was working on one. It seems I have more free time than him, for now. So I decided to use it and do it to end this long serie of months without Plus! sounds.

My idea was also to find out how this was working so we could put this Plus! sound server directly on the Escargot server. Developers are currently implementing it in Escargot. My server is a temporary one made to test my findings :wink:

The official Plus! sound server had a statistics page: Messenger Plus! - Custom Sounds

Yes, it seems that there is more people using Plus! v4 than v3 for now. I received 294 requests from Plus 3 vs 558 for Plus 4.

Created a basic statistics page like the old one: http://psounds.crealya.fr/

I have no intent to create a sound library (like the old MsgPlus.net site or the MPSounds.net one). If you want to make one, do it.

@tristanleboss any plans for releasing the source of the Plus sounds server? (if it is not released already (didn’t find it in msn-server repo)

It will be released in Escargot when it will be coded by the team: it’s a work in progress and will probably be released soon. My current temporary server code will not be released : it was just done to figure out every details; details I provided to the Escargot developers.

Allright then can you at least tell how did you pach MsgPlusH.dll?

Yes, it’s just a search and replace like patching messenger.

The URLs of the old sound server were:

http://sounds.msgplus.net/esnd/snd/ for v3 and http://sounds.msgpluslive.net/esnd/snd/ for v4.

You simply need to replace these unicode strings in the DLL files with your new URLs. My server has two URLs: one for v4 and one for v3 because the length of the original domain names are not the same.

this is not working for me