Public Beta of "Public Contact List"

Testing would be literally when it’s released, since there’s no API versioning in place.

At the current stage there are features to be added and then a final check up of everything working. Due to school and other things I can’t progress as fast working on it.

Yeh I understand it’s cool. Coding should take as long as it takes to make it work. It shouldn’t be pushed over night. Takes time especially when you trying to get things to work properly.

Good luck.

I will try to release the Messenger script after the release of the next version + API 2.0

@Craftplacer I have an idea suggestion.

If possible a search field / drop down box with locations. You need to slim down your locations to regions and call them correctly.

For Example - United Kingdom, Germany, Russia e.t.c. Main places what everyone knows (Don’t shorten these values, if possible).

There should be some location text files kicking about some where if you Google it. Escargot really needs to try to get everyone to “sing from the same music sheet”. One thread ONLY for contacts, with location values. This is the only way this is going to work properly!

filters.

Yep…

I just noticed this app doesn’t run on XP. Just tested it.

You have to read the thread. I don’t put up a mininum requirements for nothing

So another week passed and I feel the development is slowly going to finish. So. That means I can give you all an approximate when the version 2.0 is going to be released. 2.0 is going to be released within next week, I hope you all stay tuned :stuck_out_tongue:

Also I livestreamed before, I fixed some bugs and began to add filters :stuck_out_tongue:

So, update:

Fancy visual stuff

• Converting of WLM emoticons
  • Parsing of Messenger Plus formatting (able to display it but is experimental)
  • Windows Aero overhaul

Less breaking

• Startup check of WLM running
  • Less strict client application, handles bad formatted responses from server

extra funz

• Searching of members
  • Display pictures

More data protection

• GDPR Notice (legal things etc)
  • API assigns each contact an Id used to retrieve the email address of the user

Planned but not implemented:

• Statuses
  • MessengerPlus Plugin/Script
  • Locations maybe?
  • Tags for interests
  • Custom painter/renderer for Messenger Plus formatting and WLM emoticons (no emoji, and proper messengerplus colorful thingies)

so, do you want me to finish it all or want to get it now? :stuck_out_tongue:

• Release it now
  • Release when these extra things are done

0 voters

improve the desing,and make a icon,i can work on this project with you?
i create programs too,whats the program language of this project?

C# (.NET Framework)

I already did

Propose one

I don’t feel like publishing this one to GitHub yet so Live Share or something similar

ok

thats not working animore

What’s not working?

Adding contacts with the button doesn’t work.

Well, it’s an already known bug to me. In 2.0 I already added 2 fail cases

Try to: add contact over dialog/WLM
Fail: copy to clipboard
Fail #2: display email address

has anyone judged you cuz you said “likes nekos” because if not then i’m gonna be the first

good

This is directed to me? And this is kinda off-topic.

oh sorry,this is my pc,this piece of junk

sorry for posting here