Public Beta of "Public Contact List"

Now tell me who typed hello into the language field.

I see somebody had the fun of the their life decompiling the program and seeing how the API works.

But I have Postman and I can do shit to my own API as well. And even edit the data file too.

Time to to look into the request log shouldn’t I?

The issue has been resolved, and I’ll look into re-coding the API, while that the server is still online. @Gamerappa

1 Like

i think it would be better to mention all his accs :stuck_out_tongue:
@PedroxTheBest, @PedroxTheBest2, @PedroxBestFUCKDOWN

2 Likes

pedrox the worst

1 Like

I was the one who was developing something like this. One of the problems is that if you use a real email address it’s open to spam. In theory you could use anything to log in with but since I developed a php/sql/html5 online version my spam increased due to using a real email address.

This kind of service is open massively to abuse and I know why MSN took this service down now. My version is still online it’s just hidden out the way until I thought more about the process and how to achieve it. I removed all of my posts that involved this service.

You brought me another security idea, assign to contacts an id which therefore can request the email address of it

Be careful with spam abuse. It’s open way bigger than you think. In the UK collecting email addresses under GDPR we wouldn’t be allowed to collect data like this I don’t think unless we advertise a disclaimer!

This is another reason I stopped the project!

Craftplace: I like your way miles better than mine! How do people go about adding to the list though? Do they need to email one email address so it can be manually added? I have just tested this app. It’s developing nicely.

They click on [ My profile ] and then check the “:ballot_box_with_check: Public” checkbox, after closing the window your contact will appear publicly on the list. Unchecking it would remove you again.

For anyone interested

To-Do list for 2.0

• Better API
    • Token system
    • Claiming of email addresses via password
    • Banning of things
    • Not sending email addresses on listing of members
  • MessengerPlus helper plugin
  • Client application
    • Login and registration screen
    • GDPR notice
1 Like

Good list, try to improve security / legislation. Make sure you on the right side of the law.

I would like to help but don’t know API. Heck I was new to PHP/SQL when I start doing my method.

It’s all C# ASP.NET BTW. No SQL so far.

I don’t know that type of coding unfortunately and don’t have time to learn. :frowning:

No problem, I’m still open for suggestions and all that.

You already have the correct idea!

Get V2 out and you laughing then just need to get people to use it. That list could grow quite big. Imaging 1000 entries, how will the app manage a big contact list?

I like the idea of registration through this app! Then remove the main registration page online method. That means people can see the contacts straight away + sign up!

The method of an assigned ID would be great, that could be used in an API to pull the information into a webpage for searching too maybe? :slight_smile:

I would make a profile button under the contact list, showing your name and if you’re logged in. If not you can’t make yourself public

Fantastic idea. :slight_smile:

Once you have made V2 + Tested, you could make a 7zip installer as if it was an application for ease of use. Possibly combine the MSN installs with this app to make it even better.

This method is miles better than the one I started!

1 Like

Fantastic! :slight_smile: A step forward.

EDIT: The description field needs to be character limited. This could be abused quite quickly I think.

It now works. Whenever i see Pedrox on MessengerGeek i think of a annoying kid that was attention just like in my VidLii days.

1 Like