Problem with MSN 7.5 & Escargot login

Hi,
today I’ve decided to register in Escargot and download the patched MSN to have MSN again…But it doesn’t let me log in! It return the 81000306 error, and I have no idea how to fix it. Also, Escargot Troubleshotter program give me this log:

Environment Information:
Windows version 6.1.7601 (Windows 7)
Locale: it-IT Program Files x86: C:\Program Files

Client Version Information:
Version 7.5.0311 at C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger

Patch Status:
Version 7.5.0311 is patched

Ping Test:
Trying to ping Escargot:
Success Success Success Success
Connectivity OK

Escargot Connectivity Test:
Connecting to Escargot MSNP server:
Received VER reply

Connecting to Escargot nexus server (may take some time):
Received DALogin reply

SSL Certificates & Protocols:
Enabled security protocols:
SSL 3.0 TLS 1.0

Internet Explorer Version Check:
Internet Explorer 8

Flash Player Version Check:
Flash Player for Internet Explorer version 27.0.0.183

Misc:
MSN Messenger logging is currently DISABLED

Everything works but login is disabled. Someone could tell me why? I’ve tried pre-patched msn on Windows 7 and Windows 10.

I didn’t know there was an Escargot troubleshooter. Also, I’m pretty sure it’s normal to have logging disabled. I was able to log in using Messenger 7.5 (client in English) on Windows XP, and I did have the disappearing contact list problem for a while, but it had been fixed for my account.

If you want, I could probably whip up a Windows XP (unactivated copy) VM for you to try Messenger 7.5 in (connecting through TeamViewer), to see if it’ll work.

[details=Hidden]
I use Escargot on my main Windows XP laptop, but it seems to be having some hardware problems, and I don’t want it to die before I’m ready to fix it, so I would have offered to have you connect using that (obviously on the Windows XP “Guest” account), but I decided not to.This text will be hidden[/details]

1 Like

I have also a Windows XP copy, but I didn’t try to run patched-msn on it! I do this now, if there is a problem I will setup TeamViewer :slight_smile:

I didn’t resolve the problem…In these days, when I will have a free time, I tell you when I setup TeamViewer, so you could do something. I’ve tried on Windows XP, 7 & 10 in a virtual machines…Somewhere I should have one PC with Windows XP installed natively, I’ll try to run prepatched-msn even on it.