Poll: What about a Old Yahoo! Messenger server?

If we won´t won Leo_Historias Battle Leo would be very crazy :confused:

yes well I have currently hit a wall with YMSG12 password hashing… compared to AIM the password hashing used in Y! 6.x is a colossal bastard.

hmm well there’s a sight that I haven’t seen in a while… Y! 6.0

2 Likes

its possible revive it ?? i really want the old version of Yahoo! Messenger , i used it so much :grinning:

you mean like this?

1 Like

yes But are offline

:heart_eyes:

how you do this ?

with the magic of visual studio, and lots of time.

1 Like

Good logo friend! :smiley: i like it :thumbsup: is a pixel logo?

It was made in ms paint on my xp.

you can send the setup ?

this is the real Y!M right ?

of course… i don’t have time for silly games…

Can someone send the Setup ? I would appreciate it ! :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

1 Like

there is no “setup” aside from changing the server address in the registry. Also I have yet to actually finalize and bring online a live version of the server software.

How ? I want so bad ! :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

ok i will wait , i love yahoo messenger but the YH8 sucks

things would go faster if i had the aid of someone that spoke c++ fluently :sweat:

2 Likes

OK. I have opened the test server up to outside connections, The target client is Y! 6.0.0. In order to change the server URL you have to edit it in the registry in the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\yahoo\pager the key is called ConnServer, change it to iwarg.ddns.net

since I lack the proficiency with cryptography to have any hope of figuring out how yahoo handles passwords, the method for registering an account to this server is simple, just put your desired username and password into the client, if that username isn’t taken the server will register it.

this is still very basic and only supports user to user chat currently…