Poll: What about a AOL Instant Messenger server?

looks like plenty of others are on it as well, so now i’m busy using this opportunity to watch the server log and grab the SNAC ID’s of unsupported commands so i can get the most used ones implemented quickly.

You think you could open source your server?

2 Likes

lmao, “open source”?

it wouldn’t do that

you know, your the perfect CEO for microsoft. dont let anyone have acess to your product’s code for maybe more useful stuff.

4 Likes

Have you all never heard of iwarg? http://iwarg.ddns.net/aim/ they also have Yahoo messenger but I recommend you download version 5.5 then the one it gives you. There is also a website for American online in general and you could pick that up here Try AOL 4.0 Emu but the only problem I have with this is that I can’t use aolemu on my Windows xp and 98 desktop pcs and if anyone here knows anything about that please respond.

1 Like

THANK
i know is clone but aol is my chilhood i like install in xp

You are most welcome

not work in my xp x86,is not start get error try open aol.exe

i have all net framework

I emailed them about 2 days ago, still waiting for a response perhaps if you email them too and get more people to do it they might change what software their program is based on but I can’t say that would be very likely

“all net framework” ?

“I can’t use aolemu on my Windows xp and 98 desktop pcs”

From the looks of it, I don’t think it even is possible. The readme mentions “Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10” and “64 bit OS only”.

And the fact it requires .NET Framework 4.61, that means it can run on Vista and later :stuck_out_tongue: