Patched an 8.0 WLM Beta! (thanks to @Duki)

Woah! Can you PLEASE send me the patched exe and the version? I want it!!! and the msidcrl.dll

Again, it’s build 0562, and it’s not really patched. I just used a bunch of redirects that went back to my local server (from the branch feature/wlm2009 on the GitLab repo). Specifically, I redirected:

• muser.messenger.hotmail.com
  • login.live.com (for RST; make sure you remove any entries for this as Microsoft still uses this domain for Microsoft services)
  • muser.config.messenger.msn.com (for tabs and other ancillary features; not necessary to redirect but it’s there if you want)
  • omega.contacts.msn.com (Byrdr in the beta stage)

These all pointed to 127.0.0.1, or localhost, for the purpose of testing with the local server. There’s no point of trying it with the public server since no RST handler exists on there, but if you have time to set up to your own local server (feature/wlm2009 has the latest changes, FYI), then go for it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, the msidcrl file I used is the one that comes with the build.

1 Like

Can you try build 8.0.566 or smth.?

I am patching 8.0.0290. :stuck_out_tongue:

Keep in mind that’s hard but whatevs floats your boat :stuck_out_tongue:
Anyways good luck on that

I still haven’t been able to find out what makes build 0566 not load the contact list. Hopefully I can find out sooner.

Escargot IP is 35.185.200.209

1 Like

I checked it again, It’s does show status on Escargot MSN Site.

It’s actually nearly working.
The crash message is actually a bug. and the Logining is loop.

Interesting!

Yeah i already know that
(actually i just pinged escargot.log1p.xyz :stuck_out_tongue:)

Can someone install this in a VM, patch it, put the files into a .zip file. and send it to me lol?

The instructions are in the thread

I dont wanna install it tho

can i at least have the program files for it in a .zip

I have wlm 8.5 installed and i want the program files

FINE! I’LL DO IT MYSELF!!!
wlmissuckdoesntrunonwindow7

@HyperTerminal95 What’s up?

Nothing much, I’ve been looking hows the progress going. Pretty good I must say.

Well, I use WinRAR to extract but when I try to run setup, it’s show a error:
Faled

try using 7-zip, it might work.

The FileDropper link doesn’t work.