Moving from the win 7 nostalgia pc... to a win XP ultimate machine!

Hey Coders, messenger fans and tech fans from around the world, how y’all feeling? Good i hope so!

Some time ago i requested for apps for a win 7 pc not from a exact time period, but to include stuff that lots of people from 2005-2010 have nostalgia with.
And it was also a welcome pc to this amazing forum i’m on, and proud to be.
but, sadly, but also true, everytime something has to change, and this pc service was served well. for now on, i will create two VMs another VM based off XP, with games and everything to fit a exact era.

Why i’m doing this?
first of all, to try other messenger recreation projects, like omessenger and KICQ!

The second thing, is being the fact that virtualbox was crap for me for most of the situations, mostly trying to run 3d accelerated software, i think one guy also said that vbox 3d acceleration is crap on win7. the worst situation is i activate 3d acceleration on the vm, everytime i open msn when i recieve a message, the screen goes blank and i have to go bottom-right to minimize everything and close msn. so, the only fix i found its move to vmware.

The OSes these VMs are is going to run are:

* Windows 8.1 already tried, i gave up, check edit note for why.

• Windows XP Professional SP3

The software i already plan to install:
on xp:

• Mypal

• NR2003 (yes, it is a game, more specifically, a nascar game)

• omessenger

• KICQ

For 8.1

* Patched Chrome 120

* Office 2010

* Kodi

And thats it that i could think of having for those VMs, so i need your help! Request your apps and wallpapers and stuff for win 8.1 and the xp vm and i’ll check if its good enough! Also, as a way to organize this, insert:
“App/Wallpaper/Image/Video/etc. request for Win XP SP3” on top of every reply so i can keep a track of.

Thank you Very Much, sorry for the Wall of text, i hope you read it all, and enjoy your day, your month and even your year!

Edit, January 10, 2024: after so much trial and error, i’ve decided that keeping a Win 8.1 VM isnt suitable. Why? Lackluster Activation, lack of suitable apps or app versions from the era, lack of community projects suited for apps or programs that are from the era: 2012-2015, and that are suited for Windows 8.1, and lackluster projects that revive MSN 2011, 2012 and certain skype versions (i mean, they tried, but it cause such a controversy that i will not explain). So, if you see any text under a line, that means it was related to the VM i gave up. So, this post will now be focused only on XP nostalgia and stuff, since its, well, the best windows OS.

2 Likes