Microsoft is discontinuing support for Windows 7

He made a shortcut to open facebook using the web browser.

1 Like

its not that simple i try but i cant doi it.i think only wth internet explorer can you make icons like this look i mean for shortcuts

Today we are announcing that, through January 2023, we will extend the availability of paid Windows 7 Extended Security Updates (ESU) to businesses of all sizes. (Previously, Windows 7 ESU was only available to Windows 7 Professional and Windows 7 Enterprise customers in Volume Licensing.) The Windows 7 ESU will be sold on a per-device basis with the price increasing each year.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/blog/2019/10/01/windows-small-midsize-businesses-stay-secure-current/

Supposedly these ESUs can go up to three years, increasing in cost every year.

3 Likes

im the ONLY with windows 10 in ssd without errors on the system?
WTF

lmao
just fucking rade microsoft office IRL for update releases for 10-years old system

1 Like

I think privacy’s going to dominate Windows 7, other than in enterprises stuck with Windows 7 due to some legacy software.

Windows 10 runs great on my actual computer, but i’m using a HDD

1 Like

windows 10’s start menu was also great, it had a windows 7 style left side layout while maintaining the live tiles on the right

it was until some builds later

4 Likes

https://www.ghacks.net/2019/12/07/someone-found-a-way-to-bypass-windows-7-extended-security-updates-checks/ !!!

1 Like

I currently using Windows Embedded POSReady 7 now, Unlike Windows 7, Windows POSReady 7 support until 2024 with POSReady Updates.
so the BypassESU should work on it.

1 Like

we expect the first ESU branch around February

You should really give Linux or even FreeBSD a try. It changed my life, start of with something small like ubuntu.

i wont switch to 10, never. win xp vista and 7 are ok, no need to switch to an unstable unreliable bloated spyware os

nobody is forcing you to switch anyway. microsoft discontinuing support for 7 doesnt mean they’re gonna hold you at gunpoint to upgrade, it just means it wont receive updates anymore. windows 7 is officially “finished”

2 Likes

Exactly. many know that Windows 7 is out of date and is no longer supported; therefore, install Windows 10 or stay with Windows 7 so that hackers can work to fix drivers, big hug.

Att,
 Diego Melo
 Computer Technician • 23 years
1 Like

ahem, windows 8.1?
tiny bump