Microsoft coming for Discord

what if microsoft owned everything?

itā€™s and good and bad

weā€™ll die

i hope its alive after the buyout i dont want to turn the same way as Skype did or MSN/WLM did

1 Like

meh, they already bought bethesda
Iā€™m actually more interested in free-to-play games that no longer require Xbox Live Gold

at least sometimes microsoft makes better games

1 Like

This was kinda expected, the Xbox shit for nitro was an early indication of this going to happen.

I donā€™t think thereā€™s much worry about that. After the Skype buy, the Messenger team was dissolved and everything went to Skype, which remained the same and mostly independent. (In my view, a terrible idea, but Iā€™ll forgo rambling on that again.) It took years to rewrite Skype, rewrite the protocol, and rewrite the client, which has effectively been done twice now to end up in its current React/Electron form.

So even if history were to repeat itself, it would be Skype that would go, and Discord should remain the same, and thereā€™s no need to change anything, as itā€™s already an Electron application. I think itā€™s more likely that Skype users would be pushed into some personal version of Teams before they would try pushing people onto Discord. Although nothing is really certain these days.

2 Likes

Electron makes microsoft changing discord even H A R D E R

Seems this is getting more serious, might even be completed by the end of April.

welp since april 1st is my birthday oh boy iā€™m gonna move to other messenger, better use wlm 2009!

If Microsoft is actually buying Discord, i will be switching over to Guilded

i made an server for the guilded, when discord got sold by microshit this is the server you absolutely need to enter! Guilded - Chat for Gaming Communities

So itā€™s not a joke, at first i thought it was a joke.

oh ok

Quickly go to the guilded! Guilded - Chat for Gaming Communities

you cannot escape from the popular service, cos people will still use discord.
i tried to invite people to guilded, but unfortunately, server was died after week because of low popularity of guilded
also, there is some reasons why guilded is bad but i forgot them and i didnā€™t use guilded for a long time lol

why is guilded bad? it has a ton of features discord doesnt have

Oh no. microsoft at it again?