Made an MSN 7 server -- anyone want to chat?

The MSN Polygamy program says it supports all versions of MSN/WLM:

MSN_Polygamy.zip (265.9 KB)

2 Likes

Iā€™ve signed up. Thanks for hosting this!
Yay for MSN nostalgia!
@valtron BTW, email is mikey88772@gmail.com

2 Likes

msn polygamy does not work, cause it does not support WLM2012 (16.x)

1 Like

@alzcore397 Thatā€™s too bad, try patching it with a hex editor: find ā€œ3d b7 00 00 00 0fā€, and change b7 to b6. There might be a few places that have this, so try changing each one, and if it works, itā€™ll let you open multiple WLM.

2 Likes

Have a look here.

Itā€™s TAVMSN server. See if anything can be useful. It has a very interesting PDF explaining how it works.

OneDrive PDF and lib mirror link: Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

TAVMSN pdf in english. Very good for anyone looking for a notion about MSNP.
Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

MsgPlus 3 + MSN Messenger 7.0 PT-BR.
OneDrive link
Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

Skins for MSN Messenger 7.0 (archive.org-messbrasil)
https://web-beta.archive.org/web/20050629234245/http://messbrasil.cidadeinternet.com.br:80/menu/skins.htm

ā€œWhat Iā€™m listening toā€ works like a charm too.

My email is: removed
I know very little English.

3 Likes

thanks for uploading this!

unfortunately the pdf is not in english

3 Likes

@alzcore397 I translated the PDF into English. May have errors in translation.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Hi, is everything up?
I have no connection via Windows Messenger 4.7, while I made every patching thing properly.
There are no details about server condition or anything, so I have to ask here.
Thanks alot for making this possible BTWā€¦ :sunglasses:
Cheers!

1 Like

@ladykazik I neglected to document the hack I had to put in to get around a limitation in MSN < 5. Try this:

For MSN older than 5.0, you have to put your password inside the email field like this: myname|password@example.com. (It doesnā€™t matter what you put in the password field.)

BTW, can you upload the installer for MSN 4.7? Iā€™m missing that version. Thanks!

2 Likes

Youā€™re welcome, hereā€™s the installer of Windows Messenger 4.7:
msnm47xp.zip (945.7 KB)

Edit: Here comes the MUI (Multilanguage User Interface) pack for this version of Windows Messenger:
mmui47setup.zip (1,3 MB)

For MSN older than 5.0, you have to put your password inside the email field like this: myname|password@example.com. (It doesnā€™t matter what you put in the password field.)

Yeah, Iā€™ve tried this tip, it doesnā€™t work. I have followed the procedure, and applied manual patch of WM4.7. Doesnā€™t work. Tried to patch with MSN Switcher, and The Switcher doesnā€™t work on both, Windows 8.1 and Windows XP, an error occurs ā€œUnable to locate application file ā€˜installer.msiā€™.ā€
Admin right enabled, all compatibility modes tested.

OK, tried to do this with Windows Messenger 5.1. Doesnā€™t work either, on both 8.1 and XP. Tried both MSN7, either patched by TReKiE or not, nothing seems to work. I donā€™t have a clue. Maybe polish people arenā€™t allowed?
Cheers!

1 Like

2 Likes

@ladykazik Sorry, thereā€™s a lot of random problems that I havenā€™t had time to fix right now. Iā€™ll let you know when theyā€™re fixed.

3 Likes

@valtron No problem, I (as well as other guys in this tread, i guess) very appreciate your work on the Escargot Server.
Problem is with my configuration - Iā€™m troubling with polish version of Windows Messenger for Windows XP, because that is the main point for me. I am proud to announce that I have signed in with wojtexwlaz@outlook.com tonight via Windows Messenger 4.7 that Iā€™ve uploaded before. Now, Iā€™m trying to make some changes to enable polish language in this version.

Thank you for making this possible.
Regards

Edit: Iā€™ve just found Windows Messenger 4.6 in polish, works perfectly with Escargot Server.

Edit2: And yeah, Iā€™ve at least tried to do THIS. It didnā€™t proceed, but I was curious only.

2 Likes

ok iā€™ll try again tomorrow:)

1 Like

for the edit2: if the app is not encrypted you can ask valton to help you to change the msn servers inside the program with the escargot so you can use the mobile app.

1 Like

Thanks for your work on this. Would it be possible to put the instructions on patching MSN 7 back up? I canā€™t run MSN Switcher on XP since it requires .NET 4.5.

I tried doing a replace all using a hex editor and the info in the first post but canā€™t log in.

1 Like

@ergosteur The instructions in the first post are all you need to do. Perhaps something else is wrong?

1 Like

Anything about MSN2009?

1 Like