Lets talk about Windows and MS-DOS!

XP and 7 I Love it Vista Was Good And I Hate 8 and Kinda 10

1 Like

Windows 10 is heavily hated and whilst it is pretty bad I believe for most consumers it runs perfect

1 Like

If Windows 10 were bad it would not be used by more than 1 billion people. Who complain that Windows 10 is slow, “spies on the user” and things like that don’t understand how the operating system actually works.

1 Like

just because it has a lot of users doesn’t mean its automatically good

1 Like

Windows 8 is actually faster than windows 10

it depends on the hardware

1 Like

Yes buuuut… i hate it

just for the ui? imo thats a dumb reason to hate an os, its about functionality not looks

2 Likes

well, in terms of a decent PC

I use DOSBox with Windows 3.11 for art using 3.11’s PAINTBRUSH.EXE. It’s kinda fun, actually!

Also, I think someone in this thread said CMD runs MS-DOS. No, it’s just a regular terminal that reuses commands from MS-DOS…

2 Likes

To be honest, you can’t say that windows 1.0 is bad, it was the first version of windows. of course it had it’s flaws.

1 Like

the worst ever: any 9x system

windows 10 is not the worst at all

3 Likes

correct

Thanks to virtualization, i used all Windows versions. But my favs are:,95,98,2000,XP,7,8, I don’t use any other version of Windows, other than these that much.

1 Like

update on 10:
ltsc is decent

2 Likes

What an amazing topic! I will discuss about windows, interesting.

These are by the far the windows versions i have tested in vmware:
Windows XP Build 2446, 2462, 2463, 2465, 2469, 2474, 2475, 2481, 2542.
Not gonna lie. But first time i tested 2446, I liked the interface. :slightly_smiling_face: And yeah, once it boots up, the taskbar fades in, and the start menu opens immediately. However, there are a few problems. I have to go to classic theme to use opera. Otherwise it won’t work and it will BSOD. :frowning: Same goes for firefox. However, i find the recycle bin icon a bit weird. It looks like a shopping bad instead of a real trash can. :blush: The most interesting thing is that you can download Windows Media Player 9. The bootscreen is interesting. And i like that you can make the start menu slide. (I don’t remember what was the option name tho)
My opinions about 2446, 2462, 2463:
Setup UI looks cool. And i like Merlin, being an assistant.
Printer and Faxes icon looks glitched, it’s weird. :thinking:
Honestly, I like the Control Panel interface. It looks cool.
I like how the login screen has cloud instead of light at the left.
Help and Support Center looks, good.
As for 2465, 2469, 2474, 2475, 2481, 2542, here:
2465 is not good imo. The worst thing about it is that OOBE is broken, you have to open cmd and type taskmgr and go to process tab and find the process called msoobe and end it. 2469 is far better than 2465. But on outlook express the toolbar icons are 16-bit. And on 2465, the system restore has a correctly scaled icon.
2474 is yeah a bit good, but WMP8 crashes when clicking help then about. and, it has a newer version of windows messenger. But, 2475 is the opposite, it has a old version of windows messenger, but WMP8 does not crash when clicking help then about.
My opinions about them:
WMP8 looks good.
Control Panel is nice.
Outlook Express works good.
Comments? Link looks very good.
I will make another post about my opinions on windows longhorn. That’s all i had for now. Thanks for reading this, and hope ya had great time reading this! :wink:

1 Like