Improving Escargot's messenger server source code

What do you mean?

I am very confused.

probably means he and other escargot devs are working to support more and more of WLM 2011/2012’s feature set aswell as their protocol

Yes, sorry Escargot isn’t a person :joy:

Yes, exactly we are working on

I have friends in my contacts who are escargot developers, I mean, we are working to support more WLM versions

1 Like

Don’t worry, I already post what do I mean, because many people might be confused, just, look at the previous post

1 Like

good luck!we looking forward to see results :slight_smile:

Everyone can be friends with OhHelloThereImTheGuy and other Escargot developers/contributors.

So far I haven’t seen a contribution from you, I’m slowly asking myself what the point of this thread is.

I’d suggest that you do your first issue or pull request on the msn-server repository, otherwise I don’t know what your goal with this thread is and why you keeping talking like you’re part of the team (or one of main contributors).

1 Like

Can you help me doing this please?

I can’t, I don’t have any major experience in Python neither do I do with the MSNP protocol.

You can try asking @OhHelloThereImTheGuy, for some introduction.

1 Like

I ask to @OhHelloThereImTheGuy and he told to me this:

Greetings.

You don’t necessarily have to be an official part of the team to help us. You can upload your changes to a separate repository (or fork ours if you haven’t started already) and after you’re done with your changes, you can simply add a merge request to our repository about your changes (with your version of the repository as the source branch). Hope that helps. :slight_smile:

In short, I think I’m already doing well and that I can contribute on my own, and when I get news about my improvements, I’ll publish them into a new topic…

I’ll be waiting for an opinion from you @Craftplacer

I’m not saying you’re unwelcome but the way you’re writing sounds like you trying to position yourself the same like OhHelloThereImTheGuy, which kinda throws me off.

But anyway I hope that you’ll be able to contribute something useful in the future.

I understand that you don’t find myself very usefull , but actually, I dedicate hours of each day to fixing mistakes like this error in the script of this page(I know that it is in spanish, but I think that you can translate it with your navigator):

The script error is caused by the official Escargot webpage. There was a commit that was meant for fixing it, but it was never added into the site itself.

Don’t say things you haven’t fact-checked like you know about them.

That was fixed a while ago. From what I can tell (home was never involved with the original console error), it’s probably just that he doesn’t have the FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION for msnmsgr set (same deal with the other error), so nothing new.

1 Like

Hello guys,

I’m going to take a vacation, so I won’t answer in about 3 days

See you in 3 days :slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Well,
Hello guys, im here again,
I’m going to take and dedicate hours of each day to improve that server source codes(SSC) if I found anything i will contact to any escargot dev like @OhHelloThereImTheGuy for fixing it
This reply is just because I’m not completely an escargot dev and i don’t want to make conflict then if i found any error I will send an e-mail to a real Escargot dev…

1 Like

thank you very much for your effort!

1 Like