ICQ 6.0 server for Windows

Guys! I need a ICQ 6.0 server for Windows fully working as of today.

1 Like

Same deal with ICQ 2001b. Servers are still up. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hopefully you can create a UIN with that version of the software. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

actually, ICQ 6 introduced E-Mail logins.

1 Like

Good to know. :stuck_out_tongue:

But unfortunately, you can no longer register on ICQ with an e-mail address, either. Phone numbers only (which I’m not doing).

not even LINK your email to your account?

1 Like

Wait really? :stuck_out_tongue:

Not sure if the server would recognize that, though, assuming that it’s akin to ICQ back in the day using your e-mail for password recovery purposes. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I GUESS you can set a option for login in your account ( phone number ) with a e-mail or a UIN

@yellows111 already addressed the e-mail thing. :stuck_out_tongue:

As for the UINs, those were generated for you by the time you registered for an ICQ account, so there’s the possibility that they don’t offer them anymore.

the last time i used icq , the site generated one for me

When was that? :stuck_out_tongue:

Interesting. :stuck_out_tongue:

I just haven’t bothered to try because nowhere in ICQ’s FAQ did they state that it would generate a UIN, and I don’t want to create an account with my phone number where people could possibly find it.

Registered for an ICQ.

Now I have a UIN! :smile:

Ugh. It seems like ICQ sets a mystery password for new registrations, as I was trying to add my email address to my account. I went to the password recovery site, and after getting the Captcha wrong a few times, ICQ tells me that I can restore my password a day after registration.

Guess ICQ awaits me in a day.

Kascpkha. the worst form of protection possible

1 Like

Nice solution! I’m going to try that!

Just be sure to register an ICQ account, as they do offer UINs still. :slight_smile:

I saw that now the only solution to get a new ICQ account is to sign up using a phone number.

I know, but if you have a phone number, it’ll be worth it, as you can follow the password reset procedures after a day has passed, and you’ll have a new UIN. :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s OK! I’ll be trying it!:wink:

2 Likes