ICQ 6.0 server for Windows

Nice to see some progress has been made in your endeavors. :stuck_out_tongue:

How do I “follow the password reset procedures”?

Go to ICQ – stay connected without your account logged in, and if a day has passed since you’ve registered the ICQ account, enter in your phone number (or UIN) and the following CAPTCHA to receive a confirmation code to set your own password.

The reason I say a day after you’ve registered your ICQ account is because otherwise, ICQ will tell you to do so. :stuck_out_tongue:

Does it work if 2 or more days have passed?

yes

Minimum wait time after registration is 1 day. After that, you can wait in all the time you need before you feel like resetting your password. :stuck_out_tongue:

how the hec could you fail this
the creative captcha is… worse at protection? idk

is that it?
(it’s bland, and only gets worse that the Request SMS button can cause you to think there is more)

it used to be this…

(notice how you don’t need a number, and this is the full form)

ICQ today tries to mow under modern messengers, requiring entering a phone number.

Please explain why they thought it’d be a good idea to set a mystery password and not even telling you what it is, leaving you no other choice but to wait a day until you can use the password recovery scheme.

They made it that way because they don’t think very well and the fact that the iCQ system is now owned by Russia. the system is now a klutz product of the world (Joking). but of course it’s a good one, just not the upgrade to it. a lots of us don’t want to be using a phone to sign up to services. some of us don’t afford phones and some of just simply don’t have a phone. they need a better sign up. :frowning:

1 Like

Basically why I never even bothered to register for an ICQ to see for myself if UINs were still around. :stuck_out_tongue:

Also as I’m typing this I have 12 more hours until I can add a password to my ICQ. Woo…

Guess what? It passed almost 1 year since i registered my ICQ with the phone number and it says i can’t reset the password…

even google have joined that group now.

even google have joined that group now.

ok but google doesn’t just force their new customers to use a phone for sign up. they have requested an extra email address too.

i had to when i made my @ice GMail account

make another one without a phone number and just a email address and you will see that they don’t force their customers to use a phone number for making an account. I did it myself recently and I never had to use the phone for google accounts.

when i made my ice.ice one it asked for activation

ok my point is that they don’t. point made

Blue?

2 Likes