I have a Minecraft server! [DEAD]

i’ve already got my router and pc damaged cuz my ip leaked back in 2018-2019

you mean, xpuser’s?

this whole thread.

who flag this

Just because this server was made by a person that people hate for hating the damn osc doesn’t mean it’s bad. I swear to god that some of the people might come from Vyond and well the osc itself my opinion is not yours and if you hate my opinion to the point of hating me then who are you?

look, I don’t want to join this discussion, but I will just leave this here.

Doubt that any damage occured to either your PC or router, also it’s your router’s fault for having SSH open.

I am saying the same thing as @Tiger, what can you do with an IP?
WHOIS, and get not-so-accurate info?
Try to login? Probably no, since most routers don’t have SSH/Telnet open.

2 Likes

i’m telling you people, leave the “official messengergeek game night server shit” to me

5 Likes

The server has died due to well no longer having access to the dedi, someone has offered me to host my Minecraft server who I am not gonna tell who is he.

O M G
Do a port-forward.

1. It’s only a one-time thing
  2. It’s free
  3. It’ll support ALL server jars from the earliest of alpha to release
    The only question I have is what version you are using for the server in making
1 Like

I doubt ICTY would want to do that due to his IP or something

You’re just opening it FROM YOUR ROUTER

Besides, It’s a MILLION times safer and reliable than that of a external online host who you don’t even know

And you can run it from your machine, it doesn’t consume a lot of RAM. Depending what version beta will usually take only 50 - 150MB of allocation from the usual 2 the game gives to the versions
From what I’ve seen myself (in release),1.2 and 1.7 at most use 200 - 300MB of allocation
(Lol that’s a joke compared to running minecraft with mods XD)

1 Like

From my expriences of hosting the short-lived ChazizCraft, i can agree on this.

IIRC ICTY’s former server host appears to have been from the BPC, which kinda made me suspicious.

1 Like

Gonna ask my brother and mom if I can have a server in the house Do you want me to have a server that is not up 24/7?

You can leave open AS LONG as you don’t close the server (exiting the windows or command “stop”)

Are you doing this on a laptop or on a desktop?

1 Like

I only have a computer who is my brothers, and my mom does not allow me to keep a PC on 24/7

How long do people even play on your Minecraft server and how many are there?

1 Like

Also I know that my ISP is going to do maintenance on the 27th and they told us to restart the router after it’s done. I am not sure what are they going to do, are they going to add IPv6 or switch our DSL connection to CGNAT which does not allow you to port forward at all.

Oh wow, That is rather a chilling problem.
But all the server needs is a IPv4 address for the IP of the server and if they do switch DSL, then I’d feel very sorry for you and would wish you good luck from there

But if they do remain of DSL, then I would recommend this once you consider it

Don’t port forward unless you really know what you are doing!

If you are going to do port-forwarding, Tails is right: If you go in with no knowledge of doing this, this may be a hazard to your network. But if you know what you’re doing (Watch a tutorial), then there may be no problems

I’ve said my advice here, now it’s your choice to choose which one is perfect for your standards!

Hope my advice helped you balance your choice or somethin’…

1 Like