I cant login in Windows Messenger 4.7.2009

Hello, i have Windows Messenger 4.7.2009, and WLM 8.5
8.5 works perfectly but in WM 4.7 i cant login, it says me this error:

The WM version:

Help me, i patched the application but i cant log in
(I activated the ā€œOld MSN supportā€ option before you ask for it)
OS info, in case someone asks:

I think itā€™s because you have to use MSN Messenger 4.7, not Windows.

But Iā€™m not sure.

The app name is ā€œWindows Messengerā€

In that case, did you click on the checkbox that allows you to use MSN Messenger versions 1.0-4.7 (MD5-based auth)?

If not, then Iā€™d say create a new account with that option enabled. :slight_smile:

I sayed in the question ā€œ(I activated the ā€œOld MSN supportā€ option before you ask for it)ā€

Whoops. Bad judgement. :sweat_smile:

In that case, youā€™re better off using MSN 4.6 or lower. If my memory serves me correct, Windows Messenger 4.7.2009 uses the Tweener method of authentication, and I guess something goofs up when that happens. Since I am sure that MSN 4.6 and below use MD5 authentication, it has much more of a chance of working properly.

Hereā€™s the ZIP file with the MSN 4.6 installer: mmssetup.zip (922.7 KB)

Just uninstall Windows Messenger, install MSN Messenger 4.6, patch is as necessary, and give it a go. Iā€™d like to see the results. :stuck_out_tongue:

It worked!
Thank you!
PS: Do you have a Spanish version?

1 Like

Since I got my version from a Wayback Machine archive, Iā€™ll have to do some extra digging for that language-specific version. Other than that, thanks. :smiley:

While I couldnā€™t find the Spanish installers on the Wayback Machine, I was lucky enough to find them in @enhanoxā€™s MSN client archive (MSN Messenger Clients : Microsoft : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive). I have packaged both the Spanish and Portuguese versions of the MSN 4.6 installers in a ZIP file for ease.

MSN_4.6_Spanish.zip (3.6 MB)

Enjoy. :wink:

Thank you :smiley:

1 Like

It says me a error
(Se requiere internet explorer 5.0 o superior)
(Internet explorer 5.0 or avobe requiered)

you have to use the same patching instructions for 5.0 with 2009 and later. you can also use the autopatcher

1 Like