Windows XP and Messenger 4.7

Every build works even windows messenger 5.1!

Prove it.

Ok i will prove it after 20 minutes since im busy

Now prove 4.7.2009 works

do it yourself :stuck_out_tongue:

4.7.2009 dont work, but the other ones works

if 4.7.2009 “didnt” work then the later versions shouldnt too! :stuck_out_tongue:

your logic dont really make sense but ok

1 Like

i’m going to quote Kirk on this one;

…so unless they secretly got Tweener working, 4.7.2009 is fucked for now.

Ok, so 4.7.2009 is the version that comes with Windows XP, correct? If so, that is the version I was trying to use, and that was the answer I was looking for. Thank you!

No Windows XP with SP3 comes with Windows Messenger 4.7.3001 :stuck_out_tongue:

Thing is im currently using sp2 but ill just upgrade i guess, thanks

Windows XP comes with 4.7.2009

Thanks for clarifying i wasnt quite sure

No it doesnt

That means Windows XP with SP2 comes with 4.7.3000

RTM = 4.0.0155
SP1 = 4.7.0041
SP2 = 4.7.3000
SP3 = 4.7.3001
x64 = 4.7.3001

Actually 4.7.2009-3001 is Working, You have to patching like MSN 5.0 so it’s will work
This version begin updating Authentication. Go read the Escargot FAQ.

This also apply for MSN 4.7.3000(3001 as well)

1 Like

@Dung Thanks for your help, I figured out that you can’t use the registry patch and the modified program at the same time

Ok, now that I have messenger (4.7.3001 on windows xp sp3) working, there’s a greater issue. It seems when I sign out and try to sign back in, it tells me my username/password is incorrect or the account doesn’t exist. There is a very tedious temporary “fix” I’ve run across: I have to disconnect from my wireless network and turn off my wireless adapter (put it into airplane mode) and hit sign in not once, but twice so that I get the message that tells me the service couldn’t be found and to connect to the internet. I then have to take the computer out of airplane mode and reconnect to my wireless network, and then it works. Does anyone know what may be causing this and how it might be fixed?