I am fed up with Windows

This is a rant post, made in extreme anger, so sorry if i sound like i’m going nuts. I assure you i’m not. If you don’t like swearing, i suggest you do not unblur any blurred words.

I have Just had enough of Windows. For one, the UWP apps that are used are so unstable that they can literally just stop working at any second. Since I started using Windows 10, I have had to reinstall around 20 times! This is all because the UWP apps are so SHIT, that they literally fall apart. UWP apps are literally the equivelant of a rustbucket car held together with duct tape.

As the Windows settings is also a UWP app, this then stops you from changing most settings when it falls apart because everything is being removed from the damn control panel!

Then there is Microsoft’s AI fetish addiction making them shove co-pilot into everyone’s faces! Like come on! Chat GPT was literally going nuts at the start of the week! We don’t need AI ruining our lives!

Then there’s the big FUCKING PUSH FOR A PIECE OF SHIT MICROSOFT ACCOUNT! DURING SETUP YOU LITERALLY HAVE TO CLICK MULTIPLE TIMES JUST TO SET WINDOWS UP WITHOUT ONE! EVEN IF YOU DISCONNECT FROM THE INTERNET! IT’S JUST LIKE “OOOHHH CONNECTING TO THE INTERNET IS SUPER SECURE WITH A MICROSOFT ACCOUNT!”
“CONNECTING TO THE INTERNET MAKES LIFE EASIER!!!”
WE DON’T WANT A BASTARD MICROSOFT ACCOUNT! WINDOWS ALREADY TRACKS YOU ENOUGH AS IT IS!

THEN THERE’S THAT FUCKING SORRY EXCUSE OF A BROWSER (EDGE)! LIKE COME ON! FUCKING SPAMMING SEARCH BARS ON MY DESKTOP! FUCKING CHANGING DEFAULTS WITHOUT MY PERMISSION!? YOU THINK THAT’S GONNA GET ME TO LIKE YOUR PEACE OF SHIT BROWSER MICROSOFT!? IF I WANT TO USE A BROWSER LIKE THAT, MIGHT AS WELL GET CHROME! THERE IS NO NEED TO SLAP A LITERAL CHROME SKIN IN MY FACE!

THEN WINDOWS DOESN’T LIKE MY SETTINGS! FUCK NO! WHAT DOES IT DO!? CHANGE MY BROWSER BACK TO EDGE, CHANGE MY MUSIC PLAYER, RE-ENABLE TASKBAR SEARCH, SLAP FUCKING BING SEARCH BARS ON MY DESKTOP! RE-ENABLE THE DAMN JUMP LIST AND RECENT FILES! CHANGE MY WALLPAPER EVEN! RESET MY DEFAULTS TO THE “MICROSOFT RECOMMENDED DEFAULTS”

THEN, IT DE-ACTIVATES WINDOWS FOR NO REASON, DESPITE THE KEY BEING PART OF THE UEFI ITSELF!

BUT OTHER THAN THAT, DO YOU THINK IT WOULD LET ME USE WINDOWS!?

FUCK NO!

AFTER A REALLY DIFFICULT DAY, I DECIDE TO GO ON GARRY’S MOD TO WIND DOWN! WOULD WINDOWS LET ME DO THAT!? I’M SURE YOU KNOW THE RUNNING THEME ALREADY, NO!

“ACCESS DENIED”

“This Directory is Either Corrupted or Unreadable”

I DECIDE TO RUN A SCANDISK SCAN, THE VERY THING THAT SAVED MY ART MONTHS PRIOR! IT DECIDES TO LOCK ME OUT OF MY EXTERNAL DRIVE, AND THE ENTIRE SYSTEM DRIVE! IT LITERALLY DENIES ME PERMISSIONS TO ACCESS ANYTHING! ONCE IT FINISHES! IT DOESN’T RESTORE THE ACCESS! MY SYSTEM CRASHES AS A RESULT!

START IT BACK UP AGAIN!? IT DOESN’T START UP NOW! YOU LITERALLY CAN’T EVEN TRUST THIS NEGLECTED WRITE OFF OF AN OS TO KEEP ITSELF TOGETHER!

EVEN THE FACTORY RESET OPTION SCREWS OVER THE SYSTEM AS WELL! (I HAVE PROVEN THIS ON DIFFERENT MACHINES)

AND BEFORE YOU ASK

“BUT AXL, WHAT IF YOU RAN A RANSOMWARE!?”
I DIDN’T! I NEVER INSTALLED OR RAN ANY NEW SOFTWARE PRIOR TO THIS HAPPENING!
“BUT AXL, JUST SWITCH TO LINUX!”
I CAN SWITCH, BUT I HAVE TROUBLE THERE TOO! FOR ONE THERE’S THE APPS! THEN THERE’S THE CONSTANT FEAR THAT I MIGHT ACTUALLY LOSE FILES BECAUSE OF LINUX! LINUX LITERALLY CORRUPTS FILES ON MY COMPUTER! SO I CAN’T JUST SIMPLY SWITCH!

Switch to Linux.

Well i have to agree Microsoft bullshit is too much especially the MS account like I JUST WANNA USE THE FUCKING COMPITER

I can’t just simply switch, the post explains why

and WINDOWS UPDATE BREAKS AND CAUSES MY PC UNSUABLE FOR FUCKING @ WEEKS AND I HAVE TO FCKING REINSTALL

“just switch to Linux”. Well may I count how many times my grub crashed because of it’s software update? :stuck_out_tongue: even the Nvidia drivers. Happened on Ubuntu, Arch and even on Gentoo. Maybe it’s funny to say but most times Windows is more stable for me even it has a lot of bloatware :stuck_out_tongue: However last year I switched to macOS for my work, I don’t really have much problems with it.

You can skip the Microsoft account thing, just simply type this: Mail: no@thankyou.com and type a random password and it skips to offline account. You can delete all UWP with Chris Titus’ tool. Even you can delete the Edge with it iirc.

what abt the stupid windows update issue for me where it breaks and i have to reinstall windows

that’s why u need to disable using gpedit.msc and services.

but what im saying is that windows is missing updated but it thinks its up to date so i cant get updates

and then after a day windows freaks out and commits suicidae

Welp time to try ReactOS

You will enjoy it, I promise.

never happened to me :stuck_out_tongue:

happed to my HP envy pc mutiple time

@woodland586 try reactos

I have never made an update, but I’ve always had issues with Linux no matter what. Ironically the only one I didn’t have was a Chromebook, but not for gaming tho
I’m also thinking about trying out Fedora

But yeah, overall to make smth on Linux, I would rather use a cloud saving each time I do smth

Linux is for developers, not end users. I wouldn’t even bother with it 1 ion.

1 Like

@woodland586 Do be careful of the random BSODs you could get when using ReactOS, as ReactOS is alpha software, it is not even beta yet!

I thought so, that’s why I won’t bother using it as my daily driver

There are distributions designed for “End Users”
Ones like Arch, understandable, but Systems like Ubuntu and Mint are usable for end users and linux beginners

1 Like