How to patch Yahoo! Messenger 6.0.0

You know what, I’ll set up a telnet connection to iwarg.ddns.net on port 5050 (aka the Yahoo Messenger port) and see what’s up.

Welp. Bad news, guys. :disappointed:

Looks like the Yahoo server isn’t active. Best to say it’s probably shut down.

Welp, that’s a bit of a shame, though I can’t blame him for possibly putting this server on the backburner. Working on two IM clients at the same time must be hell.

1 Like

Well, it probably looks like the server had some problems on its end, as now I can telnet iwarg.ddns.net on port 5050 without any issue.

1 Like

No, it randolmy goes down for me sometimes.

Redid the telnet, and I can still connect. I guess I was lucky and the server is trying to heave the traffic. Not large traffic, mind you, but who knows what server @Wildman_Fujiami is using to host the YMSG server. Either that, or it has something to do with how the clients connect.

its still up but such buggy and i got solution for those that doesnt open on windows 10! just go to yahoo messenger porpieties-> compatibility -> select to start the program as windows XP service pack 2

the new way to patch yahoo messenger is to use Ypatch go to the YMSG site and go to downloads and yes click on The Ypatcher button

The yahoo dwarf server has been long been abandoned. it’s never up.

Are you sure about that?

It’s been down like 8 times this month

Today is December 23, 2023 and it is great that it still works even on Windows 11 23h2 64-bit!

It now has an own prepatched install, but it’s interesting to see that manual patching method still works