How to patch Yahoo! Messenger 6.0.0

idk, ask the creator of the server @Wildman_Fujiami

the server is built against protocol YMSG12 (client 6.0) I haven’t tested any other versions, and likely your account password would be invalid with another version since they use a different hashing algorithm.

2 Likes

i’am waiting for yahoo Messenger 7 :wink:

1 Like

probably not unless someone gifted in cryptography can provide me a .net library that can produce a consistent hash for a password across the different client versions…

1 Like

I tried 7 and it kind started signing in but then just sat there loading 15 minutes. at that point I knew it wasn’t signing in. 6 is nice though :smiley:

yeah ( trying to not cry )

1 Like

to make things a lot easier, i made this reg file, well just in case: yahooserver.reg

2 Likes

that’s awesome!

Good

Mine doesn’t work still

Is there any patched version of yahoo?

Someone decided to create a .reg file to patch Yahoo! Messenger, but the person had forgotten to modify the “Host Name” value. So here’s one I made that’ll hopefully work. yahoo_patch.zip (225 Bytes)

It’s zipped because I can’t upload raw .reg files.

1 Like

doesnt work

Weird. Worked for me.

If it isn’t running, try right-clicking on it and click on “Run as administrator.” Accept the following User Account Control dialog, and it should be fine and dandy from there.

If that’s not the case, it’s probably the sneaky “socket server” value. I’ll prepare an updated .reg for that scenario. you’d probably be best off venturing off the land of the Registry Editor and following Megadeth’s instructions. Be careful, though, one mistake, and your computer will maybe become toast.

No Working :confused:

Let me try connecting myself.

1 Like

i think that someone has to upload a video tutorial to see step by step the installation

Nope. Not working for me.

I’m pretty sure that I got the config and URL correct. I pinged iwarg.ddns.net and the pings were successful. I also went to the URL, it connected aswell.

It’s safe to assume that either @Wildman_Fujiami is having problems server-side, or he shut the servers down, as I have tried out the servers before, and the login and everything was flawless.

but it does not work :confused:

Weirdly enough, @Wildman_Fujiami’s AIM server is still up and running.