Here's my first attempt to make a custom Windows OS. Aero17 - M1, M2 (delayed)

Attempting to make Windows 10 look more like Windows 7! - Aero17

DEVELOPMENT is very slow because of COVID-19 (yet it happen again) and i coughed too fucking many times. (due to rain)

Here’s the dl link (M1 build), i will delete M1 and replace it with M2, i will archive M1 to archive.org:
M1 build:
https://mega.nz/folder/JTADFChA#Ta8TzQMgsA9pTOmIuMDymA

M2 build:
https://mega.nz/file/UOJlHI4Y#ar__xycCDG-R8gZ40fjqDK36gNC9ZfC8O2edRr3pTIw

Archive.org Download link: (coming soon and will available along with M2).

pls README.txt before install, and to skip the broken OOBE.

Also: heres preview of M2 (new)

3 Likes

hmm all great but need change buttons :thinking:

good work!

1 Like
  1. why is the build number 1809
  2. this looks like windows 7 with a background, is there anything unique here that i’m missing?

Why are you so pessimistic? Is there something here I’m missing?

not all button are changeable, including the font itself, and idk how to use FontForge so if i use Windows 7 font on it then the clock will broke and will show [] instead of :.

Meanwhile at OldNewExplorer:
Screenshot_134

decided to put version 1809, so the program won’t cause problem with it.
Most program and including Bing Wallpaper may identify it as Windows 7 and will not allowing program to install Windows 10-only programs, such as Bing Wallpaper, etc…

Also its based of LTSC 2019.

And I had to include Microsoft Store + OneDrive (im not putting bloatware on it at all)
in order to sysprepping properly.

looks like i was trying to find a way to sysprep LTSC without errors.

oh, ok

Development is now paused rn, my main PC died due to RAM slot broke for no reason, got 1 BSOD and now it wont boot due to RAM.

Hopefully i will trying to change all stuff to make it more like 7

You can get like 16 or 8 i think and place it on a working ram slot

my motherboard has only 2 slots, DDR3, have two 4GB RAM.
both broke, but even i try reinsert many times and nothing worked, my hands even hurt so bad after this.

these buttons ARE changeable, you need to enable the alternate style when installing oldnewexplorer, besides, don’t use the start orb startisback includes, it’s not accurate:
Bitmap6805.rar (15,3,KB)

yes i did enable the alternate style, but i changed the dll file (using Resource hacker) for the OldNewExplorer and its now look like this (in the screenshot) for some reason.

yeah because you shouldn’t modify the dll file for oldnewexplorer