Escargot and YMSG (Yahoo! Messenger)

Thanks. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

when or we can download it :stuck_out_tongue: ?

For future reference, the server is compatible with Yahoo! Messenger 5.5 right now. You can find that, along with other versions of Yahoo! Messenger, here: Download Old Versions of Yahoo Messenger for Windows - OldVersion.com. Then when the server is final and live, you can download and patch as needed. :stuck_out_tongue:

(Just note that there is a weird bug with 5.5 when run on WIndows 7 where it freezes after a successful login. It may just be me, but be wary).

ok :stuck_out_tongue: perfect good job and good luck :PPP

1 Like

what yahoo i have to download ;-;

I’d recommend Yahoo! Messenger 5.5.1237, since that is the build that I am certain will install on modern operating systems (older Yahoo! Messenger versions will most likely use a 16-bit installer, so unless you have a 32-bit OS installed, no good in that :stuck_out_tongue:).

oke thanks :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

You’re welcome. :stuck_out_tongue:

I sign in with my Escargot account ?

I plan to make it so Yahoo! accounts and MSN accounts in the Escargot database are separate. So you’d have to create a Yahoo! ID specifically for Yahoo! use.

Also, I think you may be confused with something.

The Yahoo! server is a work in progress, and is not live yet. Especially since the protocol that powers Yahoo! Messenger has very little documentation, which makes server-side implementation all the more lengthy. But don’t worry, after I get conferencing and fixes done with, the server will hopefully go live. :slight_smile:

so i can’t login in :frowning:

Technically, no, since the server doesn’t exist yet. Just hang in tight, though. This rollercoaster ride will end soon. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

ok :stuck_out_tongue: thanks ^-^

1 Like

wee woo wee woo here’s the grammar police you used the wrong your/you’re

1 Like

Oh shoot thanks for reminding me. :stuck_out_tongue:

yw fam

1 Like

‘‘3 times’’ omg discourse

1 Like

UPDATE 10

Finally got conferencing fully working! :stuck_out_tongue:

Basically, I am finished with as much of the Yahoo! frontend as fit. I just need to refine and tweak some things, and I’ll finally update that long dead ‘feature/ymsg’ branch. :wink:

1 Like

:smiley:

1 Like

Marvelous work.

1 Like