Escargot and YMSG (Yahoo! Messenger)

yahoo messenger forever :smiley:

After a 6 month period of dead silence here, I bring forth brand new Yahoo! Messenger updates!

First of all, I’ve officially got HTTP file transfer working for Yahoo. Took me a while to realize that the server unintentionally deleted queried files when Yahoo! requested their file size before actually starting the download. Also got the server acknowledgement for that fixed too (I used the wrong packet status and that’s what caused Yahoo to crash in my previous tests). Credit to the Digsby client’s source code for pointing those out. :stuck_out_tongue:

Second, I’m slowly working towards improving P2P support on the server side so that Yahoo! clients can utilize it to its full advantage. Firstly by removing some obsolete code assuming that one of the key-value fields auto-unescaped itself mysteriously when that was actually due to the multidict implementation we were using at the time (we now use our own custom one tailored to our needs), and now I plan to re-add P2P messaging support as I stupidly assumed it would mess up communication with other frontends when they won’t be able to respond to the request anyway. I assume adding the service that aids in that will also make the other P2P actions more reliable, which I hope is the case.

Other than that there isn’t much to talk about here (nothing about WLM 2009 either) and Yahoo! support alongside WLM '09 and IRC’s should be out in due time.

5 Likes

OK so it looks like Yahoo Messenger’s one of those old-timey applications that thinks everyone’s still on the open internet (to put it in plain English, it pretends everyone’s still on dial-up or plain broadband and haven’t moved on to LANs) and so for P2P it uses the local IPs of the running computers instead of an appropriate public one. If you still don’t know what I’m getting at, sending the local IPs instead of the public one will make the receiving end think it’s talking about their LAN and not the machine on the other end, which means no P2P can happen. Not much I can do about it since it’s P2P and stuff, unless you have a spare dial-up or non-router connection. :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

TIME TO GET ONLINE WITH AMERICA ONLINE

2 Likes

YOU GOT A MAIL!!!

2 Likes

INSTANT MESSAGE!!!

2 Likes

GOODBYE! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

DIAL UP

2 Likes

Wow estamos en 2020 y aĂșn no an revivido a WLM 2009 y a Yahoo! SerĂ© paciente.

yea boiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii 2020 :hot_pepper:

so will this release alongside or before/after WLM 2009’s release?

1 Like

alongside iirc

1 Like

Any new updates
if yes please post the link for download

Oh yea
 All work will be done soon! We will wait you ,Y!Messenger !

When will be done?

Walking has left this forum, if you want him go to the Escargot Discord or to the NINA forums.