Escargot and YMSG (Yahoo! Messenger)

Copypasta aside, what I meant are the status details of each contact in your contact list after Yahoo! Messenger has successfully authenticated. :stuck_out_tongue:

In The End, it doesnā€™t even matters

UPDATE TO UPDATE 4.5

Found a temporary fix for that initial contact detail stuff by explicitly setting the length of contacts regardless of whether itā€™s 1 or not, but then there are parenthesis next to an actually offline contactā€™s name, as if a blank custom status message was sent (just want to emphasize that this is ONLY after someone logs in and passes the authentication successfully).

then itā€™s 4.5.1 then, or 4.6, depends on your thoughts

1 Like

I was actually going to go with ā€œUpdate 4.6,ā€ but I didnā€™t think it would make much sense. :stuck_out_tongue:

UPDATE 5

So apparently, copying and moving contacts to groups utilize the same packet with no extra key-value pairs or changes to the status/attribute DWORD to signify what kind of operation is occuring.

Yay! :expressionless:

welp, dont lose the hope yet :stuck_out_tongue:

Iā€™m not losing hope. I donā€™t plan to. Just got to sort things out. :stuck_out_tongue:

UPDATE 6

Got all the contact and user stuff finished! Time to go get messaging working again. :smiley:

Yeeees!
Can you pass the instaler and instruction to how to patch please?

Weā€™ve been through this on MSN. :expressionless:

When I have everything complete and finalized, Iā€™ll publish what I have to the GitLab and then you can test it from there.

Great! Congratulations

1 Like

UPDATE 7

I got basic messaging to work! Even buzzing works! :smiley:

I do, however, need to get typing notifications to work. I already have that set up, but when sending a typing notification to someone server-side, it doesnā€™t seem to have any effect. Iā€™m trying to fiddle around with the packet data to see what sticks. :stuck_out_tongue:

(Oh yeah I also need to get Yahoo! Messenger conferences done with too)

2 Likes

UPDATE 8

While trying to figure out Yahoo! Messenger conference implementation, I had decided to implement file transfer first. But then, this happened:

Yahoo! Messenger file transfer utilizes HTTP after negotiation has been done via YMSG. I am unsure why this dialog appears, as if Yahoo! Messenger wanted to connect to the file transfer server, it would need no obligation to. I also hope this isnā€™t some weird connection problem thing. :confused:

UPDATE 8.5

After some thought, I have realized that Yahoo! Messenger tries to utilize the HTTP port for file transfer itself, and the Escargot server utilizes port 80 already, so it canā€™t use that port. Iā€™ll see if using port 8080 on the server-side will help. :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT: No it didnā€™t. :confused:

UPDATE 9

So two things:

From some further discovery, Yahoo! Messenger apparently uses P2P for file transfer, which I find interesting.

Also, got typing notifs to work! :smiley:

yahoo%20typing%20notifs

Now I can rest in peace (and get conferencing out of the way). :stuck_out_tongue:

nice work :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

when or we can download it :stuck_out_tongue: ?

For future reference, the server is compatible with Yahoo! Messenger 5.5 right now. You can find that, along with other versions of Yahoo! Messenger, here: Download Old Versions of Yahoo Messenger for Windows - OldVersion.com. Then when the server is final and live, you can download and patch as needed. :stuck_out_tongue:

(Just note that there is a weird bug with 5.5 when run on WIndows 7 where it freezes after a successful login. It may just be me, but be wary).