Escargot and YMSG (Yahoo! Messenger)

I can only presume that a LOGON packet is sent by the server when someone returns from an invisible state. :stuck_out_tongue:

You’ll send contact online status update (service id 1) with attribute 1 and omit the client id’s. It appears that unlike the packet sent during login with attribute 0 you can only include one contact in the packet otherwise Messenger gets a bit wonky. The attribute also seems to determine whether the notification in the lower right hand corner is displayed, 0 will always skip the notifications even after a successful login.

1 Like

Just to clarify, do contact status notifications apply to Busy states after being set to Invisible (“Be Right Back”, “Out to Lunch”, etc.)?

Yes, It applies to busy states and FYI idle states as well.

1 Like

Good to know. :stuck_out_tongue:

UPDATE 4.5

Great. Now initial contact details don’t work anymore. :expressionless:

in the end

you always just go back

:<

Body seems unclear, is it a full sentence?

Copypasta aside, what I meant are the status details of each contact in your contact list after Yahoo! Messenger has successfully authenticated. :stuck_out_tongue:

In The End, it doesn’t even matters

UPDATE TO UPDATE 4.5

Found a temporary fix for that initial contact detail stuff by explicitly setting the length of contacts regardless of whether it’s 1 or not, but then there are parenthesis next to an actually offline contact’s name, as if a blank custom status message was sent (just want to emphasize that this is ONLY after someone logs in and passes the authentication successfully).

then it’s 4.5.1 then, or 4.6, depends on your thoughts

1 Like

I was actually going to go with “Update 4.6,” but I didn’t think it would make much sense. :stuck_out_tongue:

UPDATE 5

So apparently, copying and moving contacts to groups utilize the same packet with no extra key-value pairs or changes to the status/attribute DWORD to signify what kind of operation is occuring.

Yay! :expressionless:

welp, dont lose the hope yet :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m not losing hope. I don’t plan to. Just got to sort things out. :stuck_out_tongue:

UPDATE 6

Got all the contact and user stuff finished! Time to go get messaging working again. :smiley:

Yeeees!
Can you pass the instaler and instruction to how to patch please?

We’ve been through this on MSN. :expressionless:

When I have everything complete and finalized, I’ll publish what I have to the GitLab and then you can test it from there.

Great! Congratulations

1 Like