Error code: 80072efd help

My MSN won’t sign on because of this error. Please help.

1 Like

same :// i hope there’ll be a fix soon

I have the same problem here.

Same thing here. =(

Happened to everyone within the same time frame I’d imagine.

Does anyone’s alt accounts still work?

yeah doesn’t work here either, perhaps it will be a temporary outage on Microsoft’s end. It was temporary last time.

I really don’t want to update to 2012, but I will if it’s the only option.

wlm 2009 works again on my end. it’s a relief.

OH GOD, IT’S HAPPENING EVERYWHERE!

Hopefully this will give you some hope.

“I’m going to assume once the current server changes are completed, it will go back to normal.”

PLEASE BE TRUE PLEASE BE TRUE PLEASE BE TRUE.

Signing back in now. Was down for most of yesterday until late at night (GMT+10)

HEY EVERYONE! GUESS WHAT ERROR IS BACK!

With a vengence.

Yep, both of my accounts were hit this time so I’m out as far as 2009.

well i just checked out the status of all Microsoft servers, and it looks like that MS has updated all their servers now.

db3 servers seem to block all MSNP18 protocols now.
So this looks seriously bad for wlm2009

I think this is definitely the end of Windows live messenger 2009.

MSNP21 is still supported by allmost all servers, so it looks like that upgrading to WLM2011 or WLM2012 is the only solution.

This is a sadd day in the history of the internet. :frowning:

Will it make a new reviver back to work?

Nope.
Its the end of wlm 2009.

Only MSNP21 protocols still work, so you need to upgrade to either wlm2011 or wlm2012.

Unfortunatly. RiP WLM 2009

Any change to make a successful sign in now will require a lot more work and infrastructure. I already had two servers running for successful sign-ins since December.

Unless more information becomes available, I’m taking a break from trying. Especially until the server situation becomes stable. I mean for all we know, next Thursday the rest of the servers will disappear.

Why can’t a reviver be made that patches whatever the hell WLM 2K12 uses into WLM 2K9 to trick the servers into accepting it?
WLM 2K12 IS ABSOLUTE GARBAGE, AND HIDEOUS TO BOOT!
Please please PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me there’ll be some kind of patch that lets WLM 2K9 use the same protocols and have the same access as 2K12.

PLEASE, I BEG OF YOU!

MSNP21 is substantially different from MSNP18 or prior versions. The proxy you’re asking for would require a ton of work.

Personally, I’d be more apt to try and patch 2012 to meet your requirements.

The proxy I’m asking for would let me use MSN on the computer I use for chatting, which is running WIN XP PRO on it. Reviver is refusing to even attempt to install 2K12 on it, and says it can’t be.

Hi Jonathan.
SInce you wrote you can customize wlm 2012, it’s possible to reintroduce the handwriting tool and also remove the ads (the latest wlm 2012 version is not supported by the a-patch) ?
Thanks in advance!