Creating your own WLM '09 server the updated way

create a system variable called PYTHONPATH, and set it to your servers location

1 Like

Might be more helpful to show him where that is.
Screenshot_1487

2 Likes

when i try to use python it opens the windows store and tells me to install python 3.8 from there

1 Like

when i do py dev it just errors out with code 13 and i cant even fix it

2 Likes

python 3.8 doesnt work with this because funcil.py is deprecated as of that version, try it in a vm

1 Like

why did i do this

8 Likes

[Info]
If anyone want to uninstall WLM '09 from computer (and its not listed in Programs and features) just open a cmd, navigate to Messenger.msi’s folder and simply type this command: msiexec.exe /x Messenger.msi

1 Like

[Another info]
With some update of the master branch the user.py command changed a bit
the correct syntax of the command is this
python script/user.py email@service.com Username
Example
python script/user.py coolandgood@hotmail.com CoolGuy
The username can’t have spaces, or else the command will say an error.
The username thing has been added only for support with Yahoo! Messenger and doesnt change anything on Messenger (all versions, not only 2009)
Hope this helped you :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

does it work with wlm 2012 i want to make a wlm 2012 server

1 Like

it only works with 1.0 - 2009 as stated in the readme

1 Like

oh well

1 Like

could you help me? i want to port forward the wlm 2009 server so others can use it.

1 Like

Why can’t you people wait for escargot when it launches, not make your “temp servers”

3 Likes

i just give up. i used cmd and not python and tried the commands. they all did not do something. they did nothing. im going to wait untill wlm 2009 will be released. :frowning:

Maybe i can teamviewer you?

1 Like

I get a module error stating

No module named core
when I run python script/dbcreate.py. The db module is installed, and I’m running Python 3.6.8.

1 Like

Today the 9 year old asked to send messages on the computer again, so I fired up the Win7 virtual machine with everything pre-installed. I regenerated the certificates, re-patched the hosts file, and connected! Then the 6 year old wanted to connect, and while I was setting that up, the server went down. MSN gives error 81000395.

Since then I can’t even log on from localhost. I’m running python dev from cmd, the server says “Serving on 0.0.0.0:80, 1863, 1864, 4308”. No idea what just broke it.

Unfortunately I worry that I’ll have to give up again. Needing to store a 40GB VM on my laptop, recreating new certificates every time and copying them to each computer, and even then struggling to get the server to work is… a little frustrating. If there’s any other fully self-hosted messaging solutions that are easier to use, please let me know.

1 Like

bump but whatever
either reenter your email and password, get the newest update on the branch which fixes this issue, or wait for wlm 2009 to offically come out since that will be happening soon.

if it’s 0.0.0.0:80 you need to add a irc port which is 6667 second
make sure to type in python dev and not run_all.py

here is one simple problem:
when i create a user, it just hangs up and does nothing. I’ve been waiting for the past hour. and this is what i get. Running Windows 10 Pro.