Challenge! Live with your favorite OS for 2 days

If I had to recommend one I’d say either Windows 8 Developer Preview or Sigma

Windows 8.0

you can also install DOS on an i7 :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter, more fast and clean of Windows 7 and he have, the same build!

2 Likes

Mhhh nice one! So… let’s live with Windows 98 or with my Commodore 64 for 2 days ^^

you’re a tad screwed m8

Processor age dosen’t matter, unless it’s old.

i already did that challenge twice

If I install my favorite OS for 2 days, I’d probably not use my computer for 2 days… Because it doesn’t support the programs that I use daily. So there’s pretty much nothing I can do on WinXP nowadays

3D Pinball Space Cadet?

like what? :stuck_out_tongue:

modern google chrome and discord

i only switched from XP because NO software developers supported it

1 Like

well… The main ones would be

Microsoft Edge (which I could replace by something else, but then I’ll loose all my bookmarks and synced stuff, not that big problem anyway)

Telegram (which I can use the web version, so it’s okay too)

Adobe Photoshop (it has older versions which works on WinXP but it lacks some features and it will be a pain in the ass to search for the correct version, so here it goes my first extremely NO WAY)

Adobe After Effects (same as photoshop description)

And I would not be able to play the 2 games that I’m currently playing (Destiny 2 and Gears Of War 4)

Sooooooo, the only thing I would be able to do is surf the web (maybe using some old and unsecure browser) and chat on telegram, pretty boring AF

@Jarhead_Gamer38 are you sure about that

google doesn’t support it, mozilla doesn’t support it, steam doesn’t support it, discord doesn’t support it. I could go on

WINDOWS 8?!?!
-vomits “cutely”-

anyway living with my fav (being DOS 7.1) is easy AF considering I use it all the time whenever I’m not trying to feed my neopets or play any newer games.
(and yes, DOS 7.1 and FreeDOS will run on my gaming rig just fine, just without any sound because no SB, and a lot of stuff crashing because of too much RAM (16 GB) and also my CPU clockspeed is too high (3.5 GHz))

(yes I even watch youtube on DOS sometimes using a wget + QuickView batch script but I typically use my PIII W98 or 486 DOS machine for DOS stuff)